What is the "Reactive Mind"?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shoutman
    PSTEC User

Hey guys,

So I was going through the hypnotic time machine program which is a really awesome program by the way and towards the end of the track Tim says:

“your subconscious or reactive mind”

I just always assumed it was just another name for the subconscious but I decided to do a quick google search and discovered it is a concept in Scientology.

I was a little surprised to learn this and I didn't think that is what Tim was referring to but maybe it is?

So just wondering if I could get some clarification on that point.

Thanks

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Shoutman,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the late reply. I appreciate your patience.

Tim is simply referring to a synonym for the subconscious mind and isn't, to the best of my knowledge, referencing Scientology in this instance.

I appreciate the term “reactive mind” may have originated with L Ron Hubbard, yet I have heard other people use “reactive mind” as a substitute for the collective unconscious.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

shoutman
        PSTEC User

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

That is what I assumed but after a quick google search all I could find was scientology stuff so it got me wondering.

But anyway thanks for clearing that up, appreciate it.

Thanks

PSTEC Accounts

It's a surprising question but absolutely fair enough.

It seems that L Ron Hubbard borrowed from many sources to create what he called Scientology but definitely there's absolutely no connection whatsoever.

Hypnotherapists have been using the term for at least 80 years. Why? Because it accurately describes the nature of the subconscious.

The subconscious is frequently called the reactive mind simply because it does exactly that. It reacts. It reacts instantly. It reacts automatically. It reacts without reasoning. It just reacts.

Common examples are that there might be an instant feeling of panic at the sight of a spider (if someone has a phobia).
            It's an instant automatic reaction driven by the reactive subconscious mind.

People duck or dive for cover when there's a very loud bang. It's an instant automatic reaction driven by the reactive subconscious mind.

People quickly remove a hand from a very hot surface. It's an instant automatic reaction driven by the reactive subconscious mind.

Etc…

Having this ability to react quickly without the delay or need for higher reasoning is great from a  survival perspective but of course some reactions are very useful and others are absolutely not.

Whatever, Scientology has nothing to do with it. Hypnotists and hypnotherapists were using the term first!  :)

I hope this answers the question.

Kind Regards,

The

shoutman
            PSTEC User

It's a surprising question but absolutely fair enough.

It seems that L Ron Hubbard borrowed from many sources to create what he called Scientology but definitely there's absolutely no connection whatsoever.

Hypnotherapists have been using the term for at least 80 years. Why? Because it accurately describes the nature of the subconscious.

The subconscious is frequently called the reactive mind simply because it does exactly that. It reacts. It reacts instantly. It reacts automatically. It reacts without reasoning. It just reacts.

Common examples are that there might be an instant feeling of panic at the sight of a spider (if someone has a phobia).
              It's an instant automatic reaction driven by the reactive subconscious mind.

People duck or dive for cover when there's a very loud bang. It's an instant automatic reaction driven by the reactive subconscious mind.

People quickly remove a hand from a very hot surface. It's an instant automatic reaction driven by the reactive subconscious mind.

Etc…

Having this ability to react quickly without the delay or need for higher reasoning is great from a  survival perspective but of course some reactions are very useful and others are absolutely not.

Whatever, Scientology has nothing to do with it. Hypnotists and hypnotherapists were using the term first!  :)

I hope this answers the question.

Kind Regards,

The

Perfect!

I assumed that was the case but the Google search confused me a bit.

Really appreciate you clarifying this directly Tim.

Thanks  :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.