Where do I start? A bit of background..

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Where do I start? A bit of background..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John29
    PSTEC User

Hi there,

I don't know how to approach this question. As a depression, anxiety and innatentive ADHD sufferer, i want to see where PSTEC can help. Based in UK, I've been waiting for a referalll for CBT, being on a long waiting list. It seems il probably be only offered group based work due to NHS cuts. Understandably, whilst I'm waiting, I wanted to explore something new and after looking at EFT, I found PSTEC. 

I feel I may well have some strong emotional trauma from childhood, living with a very volatile mother, exposed to real toxic mood swings as a very sensitive individual. Consequently, I have pretty low self esteem , use mental escapism and cite relationships as a real trigger for anxiety and emotional pain, certainly as I get close to people. I cannot erase my childhood memories but I'm intrigued on how I can perhaps overcome some of this through the idea of re-wiring emotions. Can I ask, Do I need to be guided back to my childhood memories to release these feelings or do you think I should work on what comes up, day by day? I have clicked on certain feelings I experience now like sadness and noted slight diminishment in emotion but I'm really still struggling. What I have found is that I can, for example wake up feeling really sad and hopeless (which is happening currently) but I can't often identify a memory/ thought with those feelings. I suppose its just a mish mash of what's happening subconsciously?

I soppose what I'm saying is that I want to get to the core of my pain, as to maybe re-visit this 'inner child', if you like that often gives so much conflict and agony at times. Could this be underlining the irrational relationship anxieties and inner conflicts I'm experiencing I wonder. I currently just have the two basic click tracks. Please could you advise on how you think PSTEC could help me. Perhaps also in conjunction with C.B.T. when I start to look at my thoughts.

I'm sorry this is all a bit long-winded but I appreciate your time, J

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi John29

PSTEC can certainly help, however it seems you have a lot to work on and this might take some time. But you have found PSTEC so you now have a light at the end of the tunnel even if it is only a glimmer, it is something to keep working towards.

You cannot erase those childhood memories but with PSTEC you can detach the associated feelings and pain. This stops your past influencing your now and potential future.

Depression is an aspect/facet/component of low self esteem. Low self esteem/self worth can be caused by one single major trauma and/or many smaller traumas and/or a constant drip, drip of negative emotions aimed at you or just being surrounded by when you were young. All children are sensitive. Instead of being surrounded by loving care from your parents you got something less. You were growing up, it became a part of you. Without the love at an early age you do not have the resistance to knocks and setbacks later on in school and beyond.

However it does not have to remain that way, you can change. You have the desire to, or you would not be here. Also you need hope. In order to build on the hope that you have, listen to some of the PSTEC success stories on the main PSTEC site or my site The range of issues successfully dealt with by PSTEC is truly amazing.

Download the FREE Wealth of Abundance hypnotic track from my site, no registration or email or anything required. Listen to this every day for a week or more if possible. Do not try doing anything at all while listening. This track will help! It helps build gratitude which is an aspect of high self esteem/self worth.

Here are a couple of guides from my site Where to start and How to use. You can also keep on asking questions here on the Forum.

If possible pick a memory that is not the most intense but one you can clearly recall. Try and re-live that memory and keep on trying while running the Click Track. The numbers thing before and after is important. You need to know that it is working for you because the numbers are getting lower. Once you know it works you can more confidently work on the more painful areas because you know the recalling will only be for a short time and soon the pain will be getting less intense.

Hope this helps, please let us know how you get on.
        Peter

John29
        PSTEC User

Peter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Indeed, i suppose i have alot to work on but whilst ive tampered with counselling before, i dont think ive ever really faced or unsurfaced those sitiuations in my childhood properly, that almost became the norm. Instead, maybe ive ony talked about issues at the time that may have actually been exacerbated by early such core beliefs.. A part of me is worried i may not be able to retrace them if i tried. Equally, im hopeful that if i can get back there, as painful as it might be, it may really get to the roots of my relationship anxieties and self esteem/ depression.

So iv decided IL firstly use that gratitude mp3 you recommended
          and start to experiment with the click tracks. Perhaps, after that i could ask more about the process of going back into those childhood memories and get further advice on the best approach. I hope this is ok with you to catch up with you in a week or so?

Thanks again,

John

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

John

Please do get back to me and I will do my best to help.

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.