Where to begin with Belief Blasters?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Where to begin with Belief Blasters?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jessica Albon
    PSTEC User

Hello!

I'm relatively new to PSTEC, and just picked up a copy of Belief Blasters as I'm feeling really ready to let go of a ton of old beliefs. The problem is I have no idea where to begin! I tend to disassociate from or intellectualize just about everything, so I've been making a list of various beliefs but none of them really have much “charge” for me. I've been specifically looking for beliefs that might lead to me having patterns of isolation because that's what I'm really struggling with right now–wanting to build new relationships and bring new people into my life–but when I try to drill down into it, I can make lists of beliefs that might be there but none feel any more or less true than the others.

For instance, here are some that I've come up with:
      I'm unworthy of love.
      I've always been rejected.
      I've always been forgotten.
      Everything needs to be hard for me.
      It's unsafe for me to be loved.
      I had to hide.
      I couldn't be cared for.
      Dissociation is safe.
      Detachment is safe.
      I deserve to be abandoned.
      If I don't force things to happen, I'll be forgotten.
      I can't trust people to remember me.
      I don't make an impact on people.
      I overwhelm people with my needs.
      I'm not allowed to have needs or emotions.

They all feel kind of… blank to me.

So I'm wondering, should I just pick one at random and start there–maybe if I chip away at a few, that will make space for some emotion around this? Or should I keep trying to make lists? Or…?

Like I say, I know that I want to be bringing healthy, supportive, connected, nurturing relationships into my life right now. I just have no idea what might be getting in my way of doing that.

Thank you!

M

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

“So I'm wondering, should I just pick one at random and start there–maybe if I chip away at a few, that will make space for some emotion around this? Or should I keep trying to make lists? Or…?”  YES

A good place to start is…

PSTEC wouldn't work or PSTEC didn't work
        Change has been hard
        Change has been bad
        I didn't like change
        I didn't want to change
        I didn't know if I could change
        I couldn't change
        I couldn't succeed
        I couldn't do it
        I didn't know if I could do it
        I thought I would fail
        I failed
        I've been failing
        I've been a failure
        I hated myself or I've been hating myself
        I've hated my life
        My life had sucked

An EXCELLENT way to get familiar with the tools before you dive into the good stuff.

Even if you don't really have any emotional charge on these, do them. You will be surprised. :)

Jessica Albon
        PSTEC User

Thank you, Brian! I'll start there. This seems like it will be a fantastic tool–but it's also really overwhelming to feel like it has vast power… if I figure out how to wield it… :-)

Thank you!

M

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

If you want to start with a really fun belief you can blast “I've been a chicken” again you'll be laughing at all the silly things that come up hehe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.