Where to focus.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Wynn
    PSTEC User

Hi there,

I have looked through the forum and although i have seen topics closely related i dont think this has been covered. So..

Where do we focus? I understand we put the belief in past tense. So e.g “I am a smelly sandwich” becomes “I was a smelly sandwich.”

But when we focus, and try to believe it as much as we can. Do we believe that it “was” true? Or that it “is” true? So if i was to say the statement “I was a smelly sandwich” do i try my best to believe that it used to be, and focus on that?  Or try to connect with the belief “now” and how much i also believe it now? 

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

You put it in the past tense

I've been a smelly sandwich

You then repeat that over and over doing nothing else but focusing on the phrase as hard as you can and trying as hard as you possibly can to believe that what you are saying is presently true. That indeed, yes, you were in the past a smelly sandwich.

TRY REALLY REALLY HARD!! REALLY HARD!

I believe if you try it either way – That it is presently true and/or it was true in the past but not now, you will still get the same result. Try it both ways and let us know what result you get.

Belief Blasters are pretty much foolproof and extremely forgiving.

You can even try it on something like  “I've been sarcastic” and it will take you right to those memories, feelings and release most if not all of them. Obviously, you are not being sarcastic right now in trhe present moment, it's definitely in the past.

Daniel Wynn
        PSTEC User

You put it in the past tense

I've been a smelly sandwich

You then repeat that over and over doing nothing else but focusing on the phrase as hard as you can and trying as hard as you possibly can to believe that what you are saying is presently true. That indeed, yes, you were in the past a smelly sandwich.

TRY REALLY REALLY HARD!! REALLY HARD!

I believe if you try it either way – That it is presently true and/or it was true in the past but not now, you will still get the same result. Try it both ways and let us know what result you get.

Belief Blasters are pretty much foolproof and extremely forgiving.

You can even try it on something like  “I've been sarcastic” and it will take you right to those memories, feelings and release most if not all of them. Obviously, you are not being sarcastic right now in trhe present moment, it's definitely in the past.

Hi brian,

Thanks for your response.
          Does the wording matter as long as you are sure to put it in the past? Because there are many ways to put a present statement in the past.
          Also, and this is the thing im having trouble with and i still dont fully understand. We are trying our hardest to believe that it was true, or is true. So, does that mean that it can no longer be true, because it once was true in the “past”? In the track tim says to try as hard as you possibly can to believe it. I try my hardest to believe my statement, e.g “I was sarcastic” but I dont know what to focus my thoughts towards. Like how do you “know” you believe something, is it a feeling? Or do you just connect with the thought in the present/ past tense and keep telling yourself you believe it.

Dont get me wrong, I am having a lot of success with these belief blasters. Just want to see if i can be even more successful with them, or if there is something i can add. Also when things pop up like events that support the statement what do you do with those?

Thank you for your help.

Daniel Wynn
          PSTEC User

I forgot to ask.. does the subconcious take things in a literal sense? To give an example, if i removed a limiting belief like “i couldnt make money”. Then i used positive for “I make lots of money” will i carry out actions no matter what to get money. Like deal drugs, rob people, act against my better judgement. Its probably not the best example, but it came to mind first. Would i have to be more specific to enable how that outcome happens. Like, “i make clean money” or “I get money in healthy productive ways” etc. Thanks

Paul McCabe
            PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Clearingman,

Thanks for your post and I hope you are okay with me weighing in.

Your questions show you are really considering things and I appreciate that. I know that this will help other PSTEC users too.

The wording does not matter, as long as you are using an actual belief and modifying the belief statement in a way that resonates with you. So, 'I'm not good enough” could be “I wasn't good enough” or “I had not been good enough.” Fit what works for you.

How you know you believe something will vary from person to person.

It could be a feeling. If it is something you hold to be positive belief (e.g. “I'm a good student.”), there will be a feeling of certainty and perhaps a sense of comfort.

If it is something like “I'm stupid”, saying this will likely produce an uncomfortable feeling.

If you do not believe it at all, there will be an absence of “certainty”, a sense of neutrality and saying the words may even feel a little absurd. If you say “I'm a Martian” and compare it with a belief you KNOW you hold, then see how it differs. It will become clear to you.

You could say there is no “one truth” – just our own truths. However, I do recommend adding suggestions that are consistent with your current reality. If your bank account is overdrawn and you are not paying your bills with ease, I do not believe that “I make lots of money” is the best suggestion. Others may dispute that. You might benefit from the feelings and thoughts the suggestion creates, but I personally recommend layering in suggestions that lead you to where you wish to be.

The subconscious does take things in a literal sense. To be clear, people could go through life with all types of thoughts about their omnipotence and levels of success, but there are consequences to this.

If it frees you, be your own judge. I doubt, however, that such a suggestion would lead to unethical behaviour, as there are other ways to make money. What might the effect be of adding the suggestion “I make lots of money”? Do you think it would help or hinder you?

Only one way to find out  ;)

The way the tracks are crafted, thoughts and imagery may pop into your mind. You do not need to force anything.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.