Wording Structure – Adding "had believed" in front of actual belief?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Wording Structure – Adding "had believed" in front of actual belief?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shoutman
    PSTEC User

Hey guys,

Noticed today when I was running a belief through the belief blaster track that I worded it in the past tense by saying “I had believed..” just wondering if this is correct or if it is better to just do the actual belief.

For example:

I had believed I hadn't deserved success

vs

I hadn't deserved success

I also realized I had done this before with thought instead of belief.

Example:

I had thought I would've failed

vs

I would've failed

Very curious to hear opinions on this, if one is better than the other or if it even matters etc.

Thanks everyone :)

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

I thought i would fail.

Past tense per the BB instructions:

I thought I would have failed

But as core belief work go, you want to get to the root and that would be, why do you think you would fail? Because…

I always fail
        I am a failure
        I never succeed at anything
        It is impossible for me to succeed

etc

You would then put these in past tense per the instructions. It is VERY IMPORTANT to follow the instructions because the subconscious only knows instructions.

I have had clients try to get fancy using BB with “I used to be a failure” “I thought I wasn't good enough” “I believed I could walk on water” maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. What's very important is to follow the instructions. :)

p.s. It either works or it doesn't. You don't have to be perfect and it's ok to make mistakes. It's also wonderful to try and fail. That is actually success because you will learn.

What is important is that you try it! PSTEC is all about discovery.

Enjoy!

shoutman
        PSTEC User

Great thanks Brian. Narrowing down to the core belief made things easier for me.

I have a follow up question which I think was tripping me up a bit.

More about the wording structure not the belief itself as looking back on my list I've done this with a few beliefs.

Take the belief: I don't deserve success

Past tense: I didn't deserve success

BUT as per the instructions you have to put the whole sentence in past tense so “deserve” would become “deserved”.

But “I didn't deserved success” doesn't make sense so it would be:

“I hadn't deserved success”

I don't want to overthink things but as you said the instructions are very important so to clarify.

The belief “I don't deserve success” would become “I hadn't deserved success”

and NOT “I don't deserve success” as the whole sentence isn't in past tense.

Is that correct?

Thanks again

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Shoutman,

Thanks for your post and follow-up question:

I have a follow up question which I think was tripping me up a bit.

More about the wording structure not the belief itself as looking back on my list I've done this with a few beliefs.

Take the belief: I don't deserve success

Past tense: I didn't deserve success

BUT as per the instructions you have to put the whole sentence in past tense so “deserve” would become “deserved”.

But “I didn't deserved success” doesn't make sense so it would be:

“I hadn't deserved success”

I don't want to overthink things but as you said the instructions are very important so to clarify.

The belief “I don't deserve success” would become “I hadn't deserved success”

and NOT “I don't deserve success” as the whole sentence isn't in past tense.

Is that correct?

“I don't deserve success” becomes “I didn't deserve sucess” when put ìnto the past tense.

You could also use “I hadn't deserved success.”

The whole sentence approach applies to a belief like this:

“If I make a mistake, I will be rejected”

A good way to put this into the past tense would be “If I made a mistake, I was rejected” or “If I had made a mistake, I would have been rejected”… and NOT “If I made a mistake, I will be rejected” (a mix of past and future tense)

I suggest that asking “what seems the best way to say this, so I know it is in the past?” is an effective way to handle this. There are other ways. Say it in a way that is natural to you, and as concisely as possible.

Also, as an aside…what else would someone have to believe to hold a belief like “I don't deserve success”?

Look for the “why?” underneath the beliefs. Think of all of your life experiences and the decisions yoh would have made about yourself, life and other people…based on those experiences.

This will help bring up other beliefs that would be worth eliminating.

Hope that helps, Shoutman.

Best Regards,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

shoutman
            PSTEC User

Ok cool, got it,

Thanks for the help :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.