Working with Blushing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    K77
    PSTEC User

Hi Guys, hope everyone reading this is well, and hope someone can give me some guidance on the below,

I have been dealing with a fear of blushing and blushing anxiety for around 12 years, and have had several sessions with PSTEC therapists on how to best tackle the issue and have the majority of the tools and tutorials already, I have a few questions please:

1. To cut a long story short, as I often over think a lot of stuff in my life… is the solution to blushing anxiety simply acceptance? I've read online that blushing is a paradoxical effect, and is an emotion that you can't consciously control as it is from the subconscious and the only way to actually clear the anxiety is to welcome it or let it happen which eliminates the anxiety,so this brings me to an issue, do I then work only on accepting this issue eg. PSTEC Positive or do I use the click tracks to remove it? I feel like I need clarity on which path to take, to take it in and hug it or to go to battle it to clear it?

In the past, I have found that when I click track emotions, I remove some of the feeling but it always returns eventually, I assume this is because of beliefs? It's like no matter the issue the feelings return, this then makes me doubt PSTEC,

2. Just out of question what would happen if I pstec positive the following statement: “I forgot how to blush” or “I can no longer blush” if I kept this using these as statements how would the subconscious react to this over time?

3. There is a part of me that I believe that I sabotage my efforts, is there maybe a part of me that thinks that blushing is needed? its such a confusing thing in my life, if is a natural thing then why is it causing me so much distress and anxiety in my life on a severe scale. One thing I have tried to take on board is that the issue is not blushing it's self but is the anxiety of blushing that took me some time to digest in the past, as I always just focused on “i want to get rid of blushing”

4. Lastly apart from PSTEC or EFT is there any other phobia or belief altering therapies that someone could recommend for this issue, I have heard great things from the NLP fast phobia cure etc I would be grateful for more information as I think if I have more tools to use it will give me a better advantage to tackle this issue.

Thank you very much in advance for any help on my questions, have a GREAT day

Kay,

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Kay,

Thanks for posting and for sharing your story and great vibes.

There are so many modalities, methodologies and approaches that it can be a little dizzying.

I am sure there are many ways to get rid of the causes of the blushing – hypnotic approaches and getting at this at the core belief level would probably be the most effective and efficient way to do this. You will benefit more from “inside out”, rather than “outside in” approaches, I would contend.

There are pills, potions and all sorts of interventions that can lessen or even eliminate blushing in some people… apparently. However, if it is not a medical cause, the medical solution will probably not be necessary.

There is no “one right way”, per se, and the approach you take can be highly effective for you. Yet someone else may need to take a different approach. Horses for courses  :)

Acceptance is just one way, and it does help some people. It stops this need to push, pull, fight, deny etc and then the behaviour or physiological effect, once accepted, CAN go away on its own. It can certainly take the heat away, as resistance can lead to issues persisting in some cases.

Other people set out to “obliterate/annihilate/wipe out the blushing” and that can help too. It depends on the person and what is right for them, and there is always a way.

You can see the blushing as something that is sending you a message. So, instead of seeing it as the problem, consider it as the solution to another problem or part of a pattern.

What is the pattern?

When do you tend to blush and how do you feel about yourself when you do blush?

You can test out the suggestion you referenced and see what affect it has. You will have a better idea when you do that, of course.

Also CT any feelings of embarrassment and shame down to 0. That may take a little while, so target that systematically. Look at historical times where you felt ashamed or that you were being targeted, teased, picked on or humiliated.

You can also CT while imagining you will blush and what people will say, think or do if you did.

I think your instincts are spot on here, by the way, as belief work has HUGE benefits and can collapse the whole pattern.

Hitting it at the belief level, if you have Belief Blasters or PSTEC Negative, you may wish to see if you hold any of the following beliefs:

– “I'm not safe”
        – “There's something wrong with me”
        – “I'm not good enough”
        – “I'm not OK”
        – “I'm helpless”
        – “I'm not fixable”
        – “It's dangerous for people to focus on me”
        – “i'm weird”
        – “I'm out of control”
        – “I'm powerless”
        – “It's dangerous to show vulnerability”
        – “Blushing is bad”

See if any of these resonate with you. Say them out loud.

If ANY of those apply, please either run a Belief Blaster on them or run them via PSTEC Negative (remembering the very specific instructions for each product).

Eliminate one belief at a time and then layer in a positive suggestion and see how you get on with that approach – after doing this on a few beliefs, I would expect the changes to stack up for you.

The more core beliefs you eliminate, the more this whole pattern will collapse and eventually it will stay collapsed.

Please keep us updated, Kay, and feel free to ask any questions at all.

Best Regards,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Definitely want to Ct the feelings of doubt that PSTEC does not work to a 1 or 0. You can even belief blast “pstec didn't work for me” and/or “pstec wasn't working for me”

Clicktrack the fear that you have of the problem happening again or coming back. As we call a “fear of the fear”

For the blushing coming back, Get extremely angry at the worst blushing incident you can  remember, and the blushing coming back as well as worrying about the blushing and worrying about the blushing coming back gone. The anger is likely holding it in place.

You might also CT the feelings that blushing is a completely involuntary response. That you have no control over it and are powerless to it. You can also CT the feelings of being noticeably nervous and that people know what you are thinking.. These as a result could reduce the amount of blushing that occurs.

You may also CT the feelings that a blush is a character flaw and that when a blush occurs the flaw is revealed. Belief blast or ct “I had been flawed” or “I was a flawed person” and/or “I had a lot of flaws” whatever you might find yourself thinking or even saying. and “Blushing was bad, blushing was embarrassing/humiliating” “There had been something wrong with me” is another good one too.

Another trick I've seen that can sometimes shift a problem is to blast the belief “Blushing had something to do with me” or “my character” or “who I was” you can of course CT this too.

K77
          PSTEC User

Hi All,  Happy New Year ;)

Firstly, I must say a much needed thank you to Paul and Brian for the work they do on this forum, just from browsing various threads the amount of detailed, thoughtful and helpful replies is amazing, so just to say thank you both for the input you put into this forum, we all are extremely grateful.

Secondly,
            Here's an update on the blushing, I have noted your replies and so far I have purchased CT 2015, PQT and BB just recently and went to work on Jan 1st targeting my issue.

Jan 1st: ran the CT 2015's on blushing always being there, having no control and it being overpowering no matter what, I then ran them on my anger and frustration of it being there in my life (BIG ONE) – then lastly blushing in front of everyone…
            I also ran PQT on: “I forgot how to blush”

The results led me to ask why cant I blush? whats wrong with it? and also I felt that I didn't have this massive hate towards it anymore, I thought for once that blushing was never the actual problem, professionals have always told me that it was a natural emotion like crying or something, the PROBLEM was my feelings towards it/the fears/anxiety of it, not the actual emotion it'self, I saw that now because when I thought of blushing itself, it felt neutral. This was incredible! the next day at work I really felt big changes, I felt like the levels were shifted the other way. It was brilliant.

Jan 2nd: ran CT 2015 again on a few points such as, “this is too good to be true”, “PSTEC is a trick”, “it's like a placebo effect”, “it will all come back” etc, and tried to neutralise this emotions, I had a slight fear of the problem returning and destroying my progress.
            I also then done some CT work on this image of a weekly meeting at work with everyone there and this feeling of anxiety/fear of me blushing in front of people and then caring what they think and judging me, I felt like it just did not want to go away, to really try and get the emotion to show I said to myself I AM SCARED OF BLUSHING and felt that, I re-winded the Long CT 2015 track two times on this feeling and it was still there, I got sad and then angry at it but still felt like there was a care for it still to be there, I named/pictured it being a large dark circle and I just kept running the tracks and it's still there thinking I will forever be worried about this and then it began to make me re-think other situations can this all be undone etc. It would not budge.

I then imagined at the very end of the nights PSTEC work, loving it and accepting it saying “oh well, this is me this is how I am” and I felt it ease off a little, it's almost as like something inside me kept holding onto it and wouldn't realise it, this makes me believe this is the answer, the feeling just wants to be accepted and loved, maybe it's the resistance that powers it and keeps bringing this feeling to the surface its exactly what other people have always said to me that blushing is a paradoxical effect, the less you want it, the more it's there, but if you welcome and accept it, it then has no source.

Jan 3rd Where I am today: debating what to work on tonight, I have a niggling feeling that I need to try CT2015 on something else unrelated just to confirm I know it works again, as last night felt like a big loss at battle, You have to understand my mind is extremely good at sabotage, many years ago I used to run click tracks/EEF's back to back on numerous issues and sometimes you can run them and the issue is not always cleared, this makes me think that my mind may be incredibly good at learning how to perform the hand tapping without much conscious effort and the subconscious is taking over. I feel the fear of blushing is still there, it's almost like Jan 1st didn't all happen, so something has really come to the surface from my sub.

PS. for whoever reads this they may think, well it's only blushing. You have to understand in my mind it's something that you can not control, there is no hiding from this, I believe people think negatively of me about this and may think i'm over sensitive or have no confidence at work, this may cripple my career. In my mind model I can't fathom asking anyone else, why aren't you worried about blushing? Of course they must be, blushing lights your face/neck/ears up to let everyone know. I can't see an answer to it, This has been something I have been worrying about for 13 years,

*I know that when this issue is finally resolved I will be able to think of the weekly meeting and feel no fear/anxiety of blushing and I wont blush, this is my testing ground. I still always go back to an idea of somewhere in my mind that the clear answer to this is either acceptance (paradoxical) or not caring what others think. These are the 2 big contenders I have in my corner to possibly reign supreme on this issue.

Anway, sorry for the long post, I would appreciate your comments and time, Tonight I am going back to work again with this time possibly some help from your comments. :)

Thank You

K77
            PSTEC User

hey paul and brian,  I have put work on hold until I get some advice from you wonderful gentleman, thanks ever so much

Kay

Paul McCabe
              PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Kay,

Thanks for posting and for your kind words.Much appreciated  :D

Sorry for the late reply.

I appreciate your update and am pleases you are making good progress.

By all means, run a CT2015 on something unrelated to test out the affect and effect. I do think that CTing the weekly meeting directly could prove to be very beneficial. Imagine you will blush and that people will think less of you, your career will be hurt and try to feel how you would feel. CT until you get to a 0 or 1.

After this, try out the following beliefs and blast the ones that resonate. Say these out loud and see if they feel true. You may intellectually disagree with the statements, but check whether they feel true on a gut level. You will know:

– “The weekly meeting is scary”
                – “I'm not safe to be me”
                – “People don't respect blushers”
                – “I have no control”
                – “If I blush, I will be hurt”
                – “Blushing harms my reputation”
                – “I'm in danger”
                – “Mistakes are bad”
                – “I have to be perfect”

If they resonate, I recommend putting them into the past tense and blasting them.

Using Quantum Turbo, you can layer in a positive suggestion for every belief you blast.

For example, if blasting “If I blush, I'll be hurt”, you can layer in “It is absolutely safe for me to blush, as I am safe”

Please keep us updated, Kay, and feel free to ask any questions at all.

Best Regards,

Paul   :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
                PSTEC User
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.