Working with "It’s possibile" thru to "I am" statements vs Softeners

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages How to Achieve Almost Anything – The Easy Way Working with "It’s possibile" thru to "I am" statements vs Softeners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Boobinsko
    PSTEC User

I have a number of the packages including How to Achieve Anything The Easy Way and Positive Secrets. In HTAATEW Tim talks about working through suggestions that start as possibilities, such as “It is possible…” and ending up at “I am…” statements so as to introduce a belief to the sub at increasing levels of believability.

However, in Positive Secrets, he doesn't talk about this. He talks about softeners, such as “I am finding ways…” and words such as “perhaps” and “maybe” etc, so as to immediately introduce a belief to the sub that is not completely counter to an existing belief.

My first question is, are the softeners a replacement for the technique of building levels of believability? Or are softeners meant to be used AS WELL AS suggestions that increase in believability?

Secondly, I will do 3 – 4 rounds of one statement and maybe do that for several nights (by 'round' I mean one complete play of the track). However, Tim and other practitioners are working through to a resolution of an issue in a single session with their clients. How do you know when to move up the scale of believability to the next statement? eg, After “It's possible…” when can I go to “I could…” then to “I am…”? And how many rounds of a Positive track per statement?

Finally, if I were to use the softeners, how long should I be waiting for it to “Work its magic”? How do I know it's done its job? Then where do I go to from there?

Tim doesn't ever address such fundamental questions in any of the packages I have bought, and I have several of them. Yet I've seen them asked in the forum many times. It would be great if he had a free mini tutorial addressing these questions specifically, with some case studies.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Boobinsko

Possibilities v Softeners. IMO If you are using “How to..” you might have a goal that is so “impossible” that you have to break it down into stages and each stage being a gaol to “achieve” in it self. So making statements at each stage that are possibilities and even these having sub statements that are softened down. They are really much the same thing my take on it is that you have big ideas and little ideas, to me possibilities are bigger steps and softeners smaller steps.

You can prior to running your positive statement ask your self how much you believe it and rate it on a 0 -10 scale in a similar way to the scale before and after the Click Tracks.(0= absolutely 10= no way). If it is anything over say 5 then rewrite your statement even more softly. You can use it again after the track and see how effective it was. You need to be able to imagine your statement being true without doubting it too much while running the Positive Track. When your statement scores 2 or less then you can move on to a more positive version. Don't take these numbers as precise it is really about feelings. You might get a different score for the same statement on different days. You can of course start off with a series of “PSTEC Positive works for me”  “might work” “will work” to “works every time”. This should help things along or use PSTEC Accelerators.

If you can say your statement to yourself as an absolute positive without any hint of a “but” afterwards, you absolutely believe it, then you have changed your self, your reality, gaol achieved. How long will it take? No one can answer that, but the journey on the way is a learning process that will be forever useful and beneficial to you.

Please ask again if you have any more questions or I have not made myself clear enough.
        Peter
        Please also let us know how you get on.

Boobinsko
        PSTEC User

Thanks for your speedy reply, Peter. I replayed the tutorial for Positive Secrets today and realised that, yes, possibility statements and softeners are basically the same thing, like you said.

What I am curious about now is something Tim mentioned, I think in the Advance Part 1 package. He said that the brain is quite plastic after clicking on feelings/emotions (presumably because the neural connections between the event and feeling are now broken and available to connect up to something new.) How long is this window of opportunity available? Also, in this state of plasticity, is it possible to bypass the possibility/softener statements and go straight to the “I am…” statements? Has Tim successfully done so in sessions with clients?

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi Boobinsko

Once you have accepted that you can change, it makes further change easier to accept. So yes once you get used to it you could probably advance in bigger steps. However you also have to accept change without conditions or “force”. That is you have to allow it to happen, look forward to it in a playful experimental kind of way and without trying to make it happen to a predetermined outcome or time scale. Some times called non-attachment to outcomes. So if you are desperate to change the first thing you have to do is lose the sense of desperation, Click Track it.

We are descended from ape like animals and underneath our “civilised” exterior we still are apes. We are curious and playful animals in our subconscious minds so looking at things in a “try it and see what happens” kind of way is more likely to work than a cold logical make it happen “top down” conscious “this will happen” way. This will work out with a happier result than a “will power” driven “choice” because you think it is the “right” thing to do or worse other people tell you it is the right thing.

Tim is a Master Hynotherapist and if you were a private client he might mix PSTEC and hypnotherapy in a session depending on your issues and how you react to the therapy. Hypnotherapy allows for more complex issues to be dealt with at a time. PSTEC was designed for self use for for non therapists and so tends to favour a more focussed approach with single issues one at a time. It is just simpler so that almost anyone can use it. You can get to the same end but most likely in more smaller steps.

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.