Writers Block

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leanne
    PSTEC User

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to PsTEC, I've been using the basic tracks on and off for 2 months, but just bought a few packages to really get moving with it. I have an awful lot of childhood junk to clear up, particularly around the fear of never having money, which is a big one, but now I feel like my writing work is just stuck. I have the idea and the notes and the support of a coach but when I sit down to write I just choke up and end up wasting my day avoiding it.
      How can I use PsTEC for this? I don't know fully why I feel like this around writing, but I need it gone so I can work. Would a combination of PsTEC level one and PsTEC positive be the right way to go?

I appreciate any advice and support. Thanks, Leanne

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for posting.

Oftentimes, a pattern such as writer's block underlies other issues – beliefs, behaviours and emotions. It is a procrastination pattern, where you have developed an aversion to writing.

My first question would be: how do you KNOW you have writer's block? What would you write if you knew the words would just flow from you?

Do you find that you put anything else off?

When you “choke up”, what sort of feelings and thoughts go through your mind? What are you telling yourself?

Does anything come to mind about yourself when you do not complete a writing assignment? I have no doubt that some self-esteem beliefs are propping up the pattern.

The pattern itself can be resolved very straightforwardly.

When you are running the tracks, I would recommend bringing up those memories and imagined scenarios of trying to write. Bring up the “stuck” feelings. Rate them from 0-10. Keep clicking until you get the rating as close to a 0 as possible.

Now, as you imagine writing (whether that be putting pen to paper or typing on a laptop or PC),what thoughts and feelings pop up?

Do any thoughts like “this won't be good” or “this will be a waste of time” come to mind?

If you cleared up the fear of never having money, do you think that would allow you to focus on your writing? If so, then you might wish to work on THAT fear first.

I am not sure which PSTEC tools you have, but PSTEC Level One is a great one (
        https://pstecaudiosource.org/accounts/6gv/24861/order) and the Accelerators (https://pstecaudiosource.org/accounts/23pq/24861/order) are incredibly useful for long-term PSTEC work, as they let you access the actual source of your wanted emotions and beliefs.

There is no “one size fits all” and there are different ways to use PSTEC.

Assuming you own Level 1, however, I would recommend starting and continuing with the Click Tracks until the unwanted emotions are neutralised.

Then, you can use PSTEC Positive to layer in some suggestions about your writing.

“Maybe I can enjoy my writing.”

“From (date), I will write for (duration) every day.”

“I let myself feel proud of my writing.”

“I notice how relaxed I am as the words flow from me.”

Those are just examples. They would have to be relevant to you, pack an emotional punch and you would have to imagine them clearly being part of your reality.

I hope this gives you a good starting point and I do look forward to reading more from you.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Leanne
        PSTEC User

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. This block definitely goes back to childhood I think, so I'm clicking my way through eveything that comes up to get to the bottom of that stuck feeling. I do feel very relaxed and expect great results, I just need to allow myself the time and patience to go back to the beginning of my limiting beliefs and behaviours.

I have the level 1, the accelerators and the how to achieve anything programs, so I'm well armed :)

I'll be sure to share my progress and success on the forum.

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Leanne,

Sorry for the late reply.

That's an absolute pleasure.

Please keep us updated, as it also helps others.

Thanks again,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

Hi Leanne

Specific to Writers Block. Schedule a time to write each day. Sit at your desk at the appointed time and write anything, literally anything, do not correct it or concern yourself about the layout. do not even look at or read the result, bin it. Just go through the motions of writing. Do this preferably at the same time each day. Make it a habit to write any old junk out of your head, whatever random stupid thoughts they maybe. Get into the habit of writing, sooner or later you will get bored to tears writing all that garbage and want to write something better, however you would already be at your desk writing and so you would find it so much easier just to continue and develop your ideas. Block gone! If you cannot do any of this then PSTEC the reasons why.

Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.