Reply To: Tangled web, where to start?

oz
PSTEC User

So I experimented some more and made some new discoveries. The way I had been using the tracks was to think of the memories to bring up the emotion and trying as hard as I could to feel it as much as possible. So I was spending 10 minutes trying to feel it stronger and stronger. This was an immense struggle, and then suddenly at a certain point after 4 – 8 run throughs it would suddenly and rapidly start dissipating. So the emotion went but I was feeling very drained.

After doing this day after day it felt almost as if something in my brain had snapped kinda, so I took it easier for a couple of days. However the results didn't get worse, in fact I started doing better. Initially I was straining to hold onto the emotion, but Tim's voice was telling me to let go of the emotion, there's a contradiction and this create's a struggle. Tim is saying let go, the subconcious says ok I'll let go, but then you come in with the concious mind and say no, hold onto it. You give the subconcious mixed signals. It's counterproductive.

You need to loosen your grip a little. If the click track is making the emotion go away, let it go. If the emotion is going back to your subconcious you hold onto it.

So you think of the memory, bring the emotion up, make it stronger for a few seconds and then hold onto it. Then let the click track go to work. When the emotion goes down, you can just think of the memory and bring it back up. If it doesn't come up the click track worked, it if does you let the track work on it more. So it's a very interactive process. You don't need to rush, you can just feel your way. Hold onto the feeling, but tentatively let it drip away.

The instructions are to focus on the emotion and the memory. You concentrate on both, you can switch your focus to the memory and bring it up in more detail. You can bring up the emotion, make it stronger and you can feel it and you can observe it. So the trying isn't just in the feeling, it's in the observing, in the not losing focus. It's an exercise in diligence.

You can sometimes deal with multiple issues at a time. Sometimes emotions will stay for the whole track but sometimes they rapidly go down. At which point you can bring up a different memory and work on that. When that goes down you can go back to the first memory to see if it is still there. This gives the mind model to that emotion space to adjust before working on it more so makes the process even better. So you could even cycle through 3 or 4 issues during each run through, and then buy the end of the session they'd all be dealt with making the process even more efficient sometime.