Reply To: Trying the new PSTEC tools

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Gentle_P,

Thank you for your post.

In simple terms, a belief is your truth and seems very real (almost like you can see it in the world). Any belief (even a positive one) is not necessarily objective reality and is an abstraction you have made about people, places, things or yourself based on your experiences or what you have been told by others.

The words of the belief capture the essence and can become self-fulfilling prophecies. The expression “I'll see it when I believe it” sums this up.

For a belief like “attractive women aren't interested in me”, it can't be an objective truth as you have not spoken to every woman you deem to be attractive and cannot possibly know what they all think.

So, you can work with what you know. Counterexample the “evidence”:

“Maybe the attractive women were interested, but I just didn't notice”
    “Maybe those women weren't interested, but it doesn't mean other attractive women wouldn't be”
    “Maybe some of them weren't interested at that time, but it doesn't mean they never could be”
    “Maybe some of them aren't interested, but it certainly doesn't mean all of them aren't”
    “Maybe some of them have been interested, but just haven't shown obvious signs”

Can you see that each of these counterexamples is every bit as valid as “attractive women aren't interested in me”?

You can then put this belief “on blast” and eliminate the other beliefs that contribute to the pattern.

Please update the thread with how you get on.

All the best,

Paul  :D

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…