Trying the new PSTEC tools

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Positive Quantum Turbo Trying the new PSTEC tools

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Bhabani Yetirajam
    PSTEC User

Thanks Brian.
      I am just pondering about something: How do I know if something is a belief or a truth? For example, let's take the one “Attractive women aren't interested in me.” It is the truth as I see it. Why would you say it is a belief.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Gentle_P,

Thank you for your post.

In simple terms, a belief is your truth and seems very real (almost like you can see it in the world). Any belief (even a positive one) is not necessarily objective reality and is an abstraction you have made about people, places, things or yourself based on your experiences or what you have been told by others.

The words of the belief capture the essence and can become self-fulfilling prophecies. The expression “I'll see it when I believe it” sums this up.

For a belief like “attractive women aren't interested in me”, it can't be an objective truth as you have not spoken to every woman you deem to be attractive and cannot possibly know what they all think.

So, you can work with what you know. Counterexample the “evidence”:

“Maybe the attractive women were interested, but I just didn't notice”
        “Maybe those women weren't interested, but it doesn't mean other attractive women wouldn't be”
        “Maybe some of them weren't interested at that time, but it doesn't mean they never could be”
        “Maybe some of them aren't interested, but it certainly doesn't mean all of them aren't”
        “Maybe some of them have been interested, but just haven't shown obvious signs”

Can you see that each of these counterexamples is every bit as valid as “attractive women aren't interested in me”?

You can then put this belief “on blast” and eliminate the other beliefs that contribute to the pattern.

Please update the thread with how you get on.

All the best,

Paul  :D

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Dominance
        PSTEC User

Thanks for all the detail, I hadn't replied because sometimes when i'm doing this work I stop wanting to report on it and just focus on the process, but I appreciate the detailed posts. Making some progress, it's gonna take a while to get through all of it seeing that it makes me drained. Doing a clicktrack every day, and usually every second day add belief blasters and positive quantum turbo.

Just posting because I noticed something.

2 days ago I belief blasted “I just wasn't attractive to girls”.

And positive quantum turbo “I'm magnetically attractive to girls.”

I think that night an older woman was calling me stud and stuff on tinder, then yesterday I was leaving the supermarket and this cute girl working was full on staring at me submissively and really attracted.

I noticed it and acknowledged her. And was feeling good about it, but after not long bad feelings start to come in that in the past have sabotaged me when I get attention. It's like some kind of fear, 'this is too good kind of thing'.

And I noticed today (2 days later) I felt a little more anxious about going out, and kind of weird around girls at a market.

So is it possible that doing that positive belief could somehow create more anxiety? It's like there's weird fears around it, that i'm not quite sure how to deal with.. and i've also noticed other times it's like interacting with girls just normally is ok, but as soon as I want it to be sexual, or have that intent, or seeing that the girls I want are actually attracted to me then the anxiety and shutdown comes.

It's difficult because it's not an obvious emotion like the intense anger. But I guess I can start by focusing on how I shutdown after seeing that interest and other times i've felt it and maybe it will dig more of it up, just like I was surprised with the intensity of anger that come up last week.

I've noticed it takes me a few days to integrate a new belief, usually it'll be worse for a few days, then something will be better. Noticably this morning in bed I had a dream about a girl interested in me that seemed positive, but it seems with this belief it might take longer to integrate and possibly has more behind it. I know the dream is a good sign of my mind sorting through it in a positive way.

Paul McCabe

Hi Dominance,

Thanks for providing your update.

When you eliminate a belief or run a CT, your subconscious is doing a lot of reorganising and background processing. It is fantastic that you are sticking at it and the results will continue to stack up whiile you eliminate more beliefs and add more positives to the mix.

When resolving patterns, most people feel an incredible lightness of being and freedom. A minority of people can get reactions when they release – a sense of uncertainty or some anxiety. It all goes away, of course, and you can use the PSTEC tools to support yourself through this.

I suspect that some of the beliefs referenced in earlier posts may be contributing to the bad feeling you get shortly after getting attention. It might well be:

“It is dangerous for people to focus on me”

Or could it be something like “Nothing good ever lasts” or “If they knew the real me, they wouldn't be interested” (a surprisingly common belief, in my experience)?

Your experience seems to be a common one and you may have worries about progressing things, in case you either get rejected, ,”scare them off” or get criticised. There is a part of your mind that will know exactly what you fear. It might even bring up some resistance that “this is wrong.”

The key thing is: you seem to be on-course and, as you chip away at this, you will notice so many positive changes in your perceptions.

Thanks again for your updates.

Paul  :)

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Tomas Zobal
            PSTEC User

Hi Paul,

thank you for all the great info you have been sharing with us.

A belief like “nothing good ever lasts” can be phrased as “nothing good has ever lasted” for the purpose of running it through BB. What about “if they knew the real me, they wouldn't be interested”? I'm not sure how to make it “BB ready” so to speak.

Usually, the beliefs are “I am….” or “People are / aren't…” and so on. I'm not sure how to change the language in this case when the belief phrasing is more elaborate.

Thank you.

Paul McCabe

Hi Tomas,

Thank you very much for your post and your kind words. I really appreciate them.

In truth, Belief Blasters is designed to work on simple beliefs, but I have found it works brilliantly on more elaborate beliefs – as long as they are not too unwieldy

For more elaborate belief structures, you can simply put all parts into the past tense in a way that makes most sense to you.

If I was running the particular belief you/I cited, I would go with:

“If they had known the real me, they wouldn't have been interested”

More elaborate beliefs, of course, can be built on a foundation of other beliefs.

If someone believes that people/prospective partners wouldn't be interested, beliefs that might contribute to this are:

“I'm not interesting”
                “I'm not worth knowing”
                “People can't be trusted”
                “People will always leave me”
                “It is not OK to be myself”
                “There's something wrong with me”

Hope that helps, Tomas.

Take care,

Tomas Zobal
                PSTEC User

Great! Thank you so much.

Brian Tucker
                  PSTEC User

Hi Tomas,

Thank you very much for your post and your kind words. I really appreciate them.

In truth, Belief Blasters is designed to work on simple beliefs, but I have found it works brilliantly on more elaborate beliefs – as long as they are not too unwieldy

For more elaborate belief structures, you can simply put all parts into the past tense in a way that makes most sense to you.

If I was running the particular belief you/I cited, I would go with:

“If they had known the real me, they wouldn't have been interested”

More elaborate beliefs, of course, can be built on a foundation of other beliefs.

If someone believes that people/prospective partners wouldn't be interested, beliefs that might contribute to this are:

“I'm not interesting”
                    “I'm not worth knowing”
                    “People can't be trusted”
                    “People will always leave me”
                    “It is not OK to be myself”
                    “There's something wrong with me”

Hope that helps, Tomas.

Take care,

Another way of tackling the problem

http://pstecforum.com/pf/belief-blasters/more-freedom-what-you-believe-you-are-vs-what-you-believe-you-'should'-be/msg4644/

Tomas Zobal
                    PSTEC User

Thank you, Brian..

Dominance
                      PSTEC User

Thanks Paul,
                                  The feeling danger if people give me attention definately is an issue for me. I did some work around feeling unsafe getting attention with belief blasters and then with pqt feeling safe when I get attention.

I also realized that I equate rejection with 'not being good enough' so I did a belief blaster around that, and then pqt on 'I am completely comfortable with potential rejection, because I know I am more than good enough.'

I also had a thought today about the difference between clicktracking and the belief work (both belief blaster and pqt).

I've been just arbritrarily clicktracking first every time because I feel like that's the best way from my past experience with other methods. Some of these times I wasn't able to bring up strong emotions but tried my best to. And i've only been doing 1 belief every 2 or 3 days, and every day a clicktrack.

I've been wondering if instead it might be more powerful if I did the beliefs more regularly, maybe daily without the clicktrack if that would bring more effective change? Compared to beliefs every 2 or 3 days and clicktracking every day?

I've always thought dealing with the emotions is important first, but then I had thoughts 'in some of these cases the beliefs could be the thing generating the emotions'. Like with talking to girls, I can't bring up any strong fear for example, but it's just feeling blocked to it and not that confident. I struggled with that yesterday so I thought maybe it would have been better just going straight to the beliefs in that case.

And instead of doing it no matter what, maybe just clicktrack something if I am conscious of strong emotions around it.

I'm reluctant to drop the clicktracking the emotions part, but the thing is i've done a TON of emotional releasing with all kinds of methods, and haven't really got the results i've hoped for. So maybe i'm holding onto it too much.

What do you guys think?

I've started working on a plan of who I want to be, and can use that as a guide to work on the things that are contrary to that.

Up until now i've been doing what comes up daily, mostly around women and my limiting feelings then taking those things and figuring out the belief behind it after clicktracking the emotions. Some days that leaves me sitting there thinking “what is the best thing” where if I had this plan I could refer to that more. I've seriously been putting off writing it though because it's confronting.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.