About feeling emotions/ not feeling emotions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    wander
    PSTEC User

Hi

Okay, so I did a round on money when I grew up and an incident came up. I did as you mentioned, Peter, and rated it even though it didn't have any feelings attached, and got from a 7 to a 2. I used EEF1 this time too.

What do I do next? I think about doing PSTEC all day and I just want to get rid of all the junk. All the negativity. I want to stop worry about money and all the things I listed in my original first post.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help  :)

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi wander

The first thing… keep on clicking! As long as the numbers keep going down repeat a track until you get down to 1-0. (and you have the time).

Click track any sense of urgency, desperation or “in a hurry” to get over your problems. It is just another negative emotion getting in the way of progress. You know that PSTEC is working for you as the numbers go down, it has made a difference so far, so keep on going!

Re the weight/emotional overeating/eating too much “comfort” food problem. Take some of your favourite junk food partially unwrap it, place it in front of you, feel the urge to eat it feel it pulling you, and Click Track it, looking at if feeling the “want”. At the end break it/cut it/mash it up and throw it away, tear up the wrapper in pieces and again “bin” it while thinking of all the harm it has done and can do to you, making you overweight and unattractive. Don't buy anymore, don't keep any in the house, only buy meat, fish, eggs, vegetables and fruit, real food. Can you do that?

Peter

wander
        PSTEC User

Hi

And when I click I should use the EEF's or can I just experiment with the others?

I read your post and the thing about food, and the first (and second) thought was just… no, I can't do that.  :-[  I can't buy food and then throw it away.  ;)

But I think I can stop bying food I shouldn't eat.  :)

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi Wander

Re Which Click tracks. No rules, it is just what works best for you and your issues, so experiment. I think in terms of a single strong issue then eefs, multi issue multi times then 2015. For mixed difficult to describe issues then basics but then I might add the Accelerators to that.

Re Food. “I can't do that…I can't buy food and throw it away” That is a negative belief! While I absolutly agree with not wasting a valuable resource, what made you think it. What emotion underneath was it that created the thought. is it because when you were young did your parents say things like “Clear your plate” or “Think of all those starving children in Africa” or “Eat it all or you won't get any pudding” If you can then these are more memories to Click Track and then if you can still here you parents saying things like it then use PSTEC Negative with those things as statements. Also those negative statement above. By removing those feelings and thoughts you will not start wasting food but it will help you to maybe eat less with smaller portions. Especially if you only buy the good stuff.

The things you eat, the shops you buy it at, even the route you take around the store are habits. These habits can be changed with PSTEC. But you can write out a list of food needs (not wants)before you go, and just stick to it. Do not allow yourself to be sidetracked. Over time you will not desire or even notice those “attractive” junk foods. Personally I find I walk around a the store and feel disgusted at the food industry allied with the advertising industry trying to sell us this stuff, unfortunately too successfully. How can it be that you can walk around a food store and see more non-essentials on the shelves than food you really need for your health? Now that is where the waste is, not you throwing the odd item away in order to wean yourself off the habit.

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.