Agoraphobic no more! :D

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lizard3274
    PSTEC User

Hi Nick,

I did do it just about everyday. Sometimes I would click on 1 emotion and 3 more would come to the surface and then I'd click on those that day, if I had the energy, if not I'd write them down and do them the next day.
      I really never paid attention to the hours I spent on PSTEC. I know sometimes emotions would be released quickly within an hour or so on one day and then sometimes it might have taken a few days to release high emotions, for me anger with family or Being bullied.

I always would end the clicking with one or two Positive tracks.
      But if I really wasn't feeling positive because the emotions were so high on some of the click tracks for me, then I'd run the “Accelerator” click track to calm down my emotions, before running a positive click track.
      I've learned it is much easier to get your positive to stick if you are truly feeling them. If you are just doing them to do them…it will take longer for them to get in there and stick.

After a while, you just know when to run a click track on an emotion or belief, because if you are able to easily say a statement like, “I can go to the store with ease and confidence” and “Truly” know you can, then you probably don't need to run a positive click track, but if you have some doubts or other memories pop into your mind, then you may want to run the click track to neutralize those emotions and then get back to doing the positives on your desires. :)

And btw…I run positive click tracks everyday still…and will continue. Because I've had many years and layers of anxieties I am still working through some things currently, and will continue, because I know now, I choose not to hang out to emotions any longer. They really can hold you back from achieving your goals. So, seeing a new perspective on life or a new way of thinking for me its important that I stay on top of clicking for now. :)

I'm still learning new approaches to life and new ways of thinking…aren't we always though?…:)

It's a journey and I hope to never stop learning and experiencing new
      things in life. For me Life is about truly being free and enjoying it as much as possible. So, If something does come up, an emotion or if I want to change a belief I run the click tracks.

Hope this helps.
      Take care,
      Liz :)

Again, thanks so much for sharing your story :)

Just wondering…. how many hours/how much time per day on average were you spending doing your pstec over that period of a year or more to heal your agoraphobia?

Did you pretty much do it everyday?

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Earl
      PSTEC User

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the tips. Just curious about your strategy of running positive click tracks at the end each time,  because I thought Tim/Jeff kind of advised to use the positive click tracks once everything negative that was in the way for a specific issue, was already cleared out..?

Was this how Jeff told you to do it? Just curious.

I think I'm going to get a session with Jeff to just plan out how I need to approach my issues, because it feels like there is more than I can take on right now…

Anyway, thanks again.

Nick

Lizard3274
        PSTEC User

Hi Nick,

I think the approach for me was what I felt comfortable with.
          I mean, if I did clear something and felt that I cleared an emotion,
          then yes I ran a Positive click track, and then sometimes if the
          emotion was high and I could bring it down to almost a 0, then
          I would run a positive track, but that is what worked/s for me.

I know for me, the more I got into and get into clicking, the more is
          revealed and then you kinda start to “Know” when to run a click track and
          when to run a positive.

Jeff is awesome!! You should really do a session with him. He is a great guide and yes when you feel like there are many things and don't know quite where to start, a guide and someone, like Jeff, who really understands the in's and out's of PSTEC, is a great idea! :D

Keep at it and with some guidance I'm sure you'll find how the PSTEC tracks will work for you! :D

Take care!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the tips. Just curious about your strategy of running positive click tracks at the end each time,  because I thought Tim/Jeff kind of advised to use the positive click tracks once everything negative that was in the way for a specific issue, was already cleared out..?

Was this how Jeff told you to do it? Just curious.

I think I'm going to get a session with Jeff to just plan out how I need to approach my issues, because it feels like there is more than I can take on right now…

Anyway, thanks again.

Nick

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha All…

Mahalo Liz, Meghan and others on this thread… I appreciate the participation, the excellent points and the support for Liz… Maika'i ! (Excellent!)  That is what we are here for… to help those that show up here because, let's face it, we are in this together.  And, if we believe we aren't, then that's definitely not a path to peace… to J.E.E.P.

My sincere gratitude to Liz for coming on here and sharing because there are so many possibilities for anyone coming through here… someone will get energized, motivated to follow in her footsteps … someone can get just enough of a faith boost in themselves to persist and finally transcend their issues… therapists, practitioners, etc. may learn that one little (or many) perception that they can apply with their clients, thereby, helping more and more to become free.

So, Mahalo nui loa Liz… for the courage to stand your ground in becoming more free and for sharing the details about your journey through this… this is priceless!

Here are some thoughts I have about Liz's journey of pulling herself out of that terrible situation of being “imprisoned” in her own life… I guess that's the point … she did pull herself out of that. Sure, I guided her along a bit, but if she was not willing… not persistent … not practicing faith in herself … then no amount of therapy, expertise, guidance or help of any kind would move her along.

Tim says it quite often that you have to want to become clear of the barriers … you have to want the cure or healing.

Some may look at Liz's experience and say something along the lines like “that takes too long” or “it's too much work” or “maybe she can, but what's to say I can?”

When it comes to the fear of it taking too long or being too much work …

You know what causes us to take more time to get clear of the barriers?  Our unwillingness to let go of it 100%.  The more we resist, the longer it takes.  As Liz pointed out, one of the aspects of her issue was the anger and that was one issue that was tough for her to visit.  Anger, quite often is, because we judge or are taught to judge harshly those that lose control in their anger.  Most of it was at herself, but our mind model that comes up with anger as a viable and rational resource was given to us at a very young age.

I was chatting with Tim and when it comes to agoraphobia, anxiety and panic attacks; it seems that, quite often, there is anger to some degree that is a part of the problem.  Realize too that with these types of issues, they are seldom straight forward and, most times, supported or caused by many memories, beliefs, behaviors and even perceptions.  So, be patient as you work through these types of issues.

Also, be sure to look at the anger issues… be open and honest with yourself and then use the CT's on the anger… the memories, the people, yourself … all aspects … just let it go and forgive all, especially yourself… you deserve it!

When it comes to the fear that Liz could do it but you can't …

Well, you know, Liz felt the same way for quite a long time and also during the time she was letting go… and letting go… and letting go … of what seemed like an endless stream of memories and feelings … she too felt the same way from time to time.

You know what she did?

She persisted and she listened when I guided her through the rough patches.  Did she always do what was most effective?  You know, results are all that matter … so, in my view, her actions were and are perfect.

But, again, she would lose “most” of her hope from time to time… hey, we all do, right?  No earth shattering news there.  But, each time, she would pull herself up a bit, get working again and continue.

THAT's what matters… she kept going at it.

So, the difference between someone like Liz “getting it done” and someone not getting it done, is merely the persistence and faith in self.

That's it.

And, you know what?  THAT is merely a decision you make from moment to moment to moment.

Make the decision to keep moving forward and to believe that the answers will come… that you will find freedom and J.E.E.P. and… you will!

Mahalo once again Liz and everyone on this thread!

Aloha nui!

Jeff

PS  Oh, about happy endings … sure those are nice, but, you know what the most joyful part about this is for Liz?  She has developed priceless life skills in letting go of barriers and reshaping her mind model!  An incredible accomplishment because of her obstacles, but also very handy because if you want a full and joyful Life, you stay on your ABC's… Always Be Clearing.

Lizard3274
            PSTEC User

Wow!! Thank you Jeff!!!
              I really like how you said I got “Frustrated” and
              that it wasn't always easy.
              Learning what resistance is in the way really helps to clear
              out those big emotions and yes “Anger” for me.

THank you again for your continued support and guidance!!
              I'm forever grateful!!! :D

Aloha All…

Mahalo Liz, Meghan and others on this thread… I appreciate the participation, the excellent points and the support for Liz… Maika'i ! (Excellent!)  That is what we are here for… to help those that show up here because, let's face it, we are in this together.  And, if we believe we aren't, then that's definitely not a path to peace… to J.E.E.P.

My sincere gratitude to Liz for coming on here and sharing because there are so many possibilities for anyone coming through here… someone will get energized, motivated to follow in her footsteps … someone can get just enough of a faith boost in themselves to persist and finally transcend their issues… therapists, practitioners, etc. may learn that one little (or many) perception that they can apply with their clients, thereby, helping more and more to become free.

So, Mahalo nui loa Liz… for the courage to stand your ground in becoming more free and for sharing the details about your journey through this… this is priceless!

Here are some thoughts I have about Liz's journey of pulling herself out of that terrible situation of being “imprisoned” in her own life… I guess that's the point … she did pull herself out of that. Sure, I guided her along a bit, but if she was not willing… not persistent … not practicing faith in herself … then no amount of therapy, expertise, guidance or help of any kind would move her along.

Tim says it quite often that you have to want to become clear of the barriers … you have to want the cure or healing.

Some may look at Liz's experience and say something along the lines like “that takes too long” or “it's too much work” or “maybe she can, but what's to say I can?”

When it comes to the fear of it taking too long or being too much work …

You know what causes us to take more time to get clear of the barriers?  Our unwillingness to let go of it 100%.  The more we resist, the longer it takes.  As Liz pointed out, one of the aspects of her issue was the anger and that was one issue that was tough for her to visit.  Anger, quite often is, because we judge or are taught to judge harshly those that lose control in their anger.  Most of it was at herself, but our mind model that comes up with anger as a viable and rational resource was given to us at a very young age.

I was chatting with Tim and when it comes to agoraphobia, anxiety and panic attacks; it seems that, quite often, there is anger to some degree that is a part of the problem.  Realize too that with these types of issues, they are seldom straight forward and, most times, supported or caused by many memories, beliefs, behaviors and even perceptions.  So, be patient as you work through these types of issues.

Also, be sure to look at the anger issues… be open and honest with yourself and then use the CT's on the anger… the memories, the people, yourself … all aspects … just let it go and forgive all, especially yourself… you deserve it!

When it comes to the fear that Liz could do it but you can't …

Well, you know, Liz felt the same way for quite a long time and also during the time she was letting go… and letting go… and letting go … of what seemed like an endless stream of memories and feelings … she too felt the same way from time to time.

You know what she did?

She persisted and she listened when I guided her through the rough patches.  Did she always do what was most effective?  You know, results are all that matter … so, in my view, her actions were and are perfect.

But, again, she would lose “most” of her hope from time to time… hey, we all do, right?  No earth shattering news there.  But, each time, she would pull herself up a bit, get working again and continue.

THAT's what matters… she kept going at it.

So, the difference between someone like Liz “getting it done” and someone not getting it done, is merely the persistence and faith in self.

That's it.

And, you know what?  THAT is merely a decision you make from moment to moment to moment.

Make the decision to keep moving forward and to believe that the answers will come… that you will find freedom and J.E.E.P. and… you will!

Mahalo once again Liz and everyone on this thread!

Aloha nui!

Jeff

PS  Oh, about happy endings … sure those are nice, but, you know what the most joyful part about this is for Liz?  She has developed priceless life skills in letting go of barriers and reshaping her mind model!  An incredible accomplishment because of her obstacles, but also very handy because if you want a full and joyful Life, you stay on your ABC's… Always Be Clearing.

Meghan Saunders
              PSTEC User

Hi all –

I've been in touch with Liz privately and I've full of excitement this week for her tremendous success.  I also really appreciate Liz's stick-to-it-ness especially after over a decade of “failings”.  I am thrilled for her that she found something that worked very well for her and feel many others attempting change can find so much courage in this real-life pstec use success story. 

In the beginning – – it kind of wasn't working and first it 'almost' made her more frustrated???  BUT SOMETHING, something told her the process still had promise even though it was not – – – even if she was not steering her process correctly at first. 

PSTEC is a tool and like any new tool (think table saw) — there is a bit of a learning curve sometimes to get the hang of it.  This is normal with almost anything new.  Learning any new 'skill'.  Some are 'naturals' – – some have beginners luck – – and some see the something in the skill and work to perfect its use.  And then there is a whole wide range of users in between.  Something for everyone!

She wanted change and so she enlisted help.  A tutor.  Something people do all the time to learn to drive, cook, sew, play guitar.  Sometimes we need help understanding how to use a tool good, better – best.  That help was the instruction she needed to USE the tools correctly for her and from there she found her own style that suited her best.  Once she felt comfortable “behind the wheel” – – – through perseverance she was literally driving on the highway with pride after being stuck to a 4 mile radius for over a decade.  “took a long time” – – – I don't think so.

Liz and I 'chatted' about the time factor.  Think about this – – for 14 YEARS – – she was stuck and getting worse.  Within a short time she started noticing a difference and found areas to address and she starting liking herself and her life better quickly.  That better feeling made her stick to 'the work'.  One year later she was on the road – LITERALLY!  That one year is a BLIP in time compared to 14 years of yuck and the whole year has been all about moving forward and improvement.  It did not take a year for Liz to see results and start enjoying the benefits of doing the pstec process.  The entire process from the near beginning has been positive for Liz and cathartic and pleasing – and NOW, she is beaming from ear to ear – overjoyed.  But it did not take a year to understand she was improving and on the mend.

I have shared Liz's story as well because together we hope to expose and help as many people as possible.
                PSTEC Therapy Success Story:  Woman Worked Through Agoraphobia Steadily!
                Liz is a real-life inspiration to all people and most especially to anyone contemplating change and feeling a bit – – – reluctant or resistant or nervous or afraid.  I always say this too.  A year passes whether a person does the work or not – – – a year later Liz is successful and continuing to thrive and setting new goals.  This one year later for Liz – is a brand new life practically!

The only way is up baby. . . and I feel blessed to have been online the minute Liz's inspirational story was posted – – I read it with all its fiery positive energy and influences.  Liz's story has touched me deeply and will without a doubt prove to encourage others seeking a way out of their comfortable discomfort.

A VERY POSITIVE REAL LIFE ROLE MODEL.

Lizard3274
                PSTEC User

Meghan,

Thank you for your very kind post about my accomplishments!
                  I really enjoyed reading your post. You “hit” so many great points about
                  how PSTEC works and finding “your” own niche with it! The best technique I've used ever! :D

Oh, And guess what??…That 50 miles that I traveled the other day….Well…
                  On Sunday evening after running some Positive click tracks about traveling further…(I have been working towards traveling to see some friends for the past 6 months or so, and they live 120 miles away from me)…

I left home late Sunday evening and drove 120 miles to my desired location!! WOO!!! I still am in shock, but not, at the same time. I went from 50 miles to 120 miles in 2 weeks. Soo definitely something “Clicked” for me! :D
                  Saw my friends and they were soo surprised and in shock and happy!
                  It was an amazing 240 mile round trip experience!
                  I got a hotel room, and I haven't stayed away from home, btw, in over 14 years. It was awesome!!
                  Just had to let you and others know that once you get going, nothing can stop you, but you! :D
                  Just an update for everyone! So that unlimited mile radius for me has expanded greatly! Yay!! :)
                  I'm sooo grateful and truly blessed to have made this journey!
                  I'm planning to travel more and more. This is great!
                  Never give up on your desires and goals!
                  Thank you for your support!!
                  I hope too that these posts will help someone out with their journey towards the life they are wanting!
                  Have a great day all!! :D

Meghan Saunders
                  PSTEC User

Hi Liz –

Congratulations on making your trip full-up this time to visit your friends – that is a fantastic achievement!  Yeah YOU!

I told you I sensed you were now unstoppable – LOVE that!!!!

Your story is perfect and inspiring – – – I am sure it will help others! 

Can't wait to hear about more amazing adventures to come!

meghan

Lizard3274
                    PSTEC User

Hi Meghan!

Woohoo!! Thank you! :)
                      Your support means a great deal to me!
                      I really appreciate your kind uplifting motivating words!
                      Soooo nice to hear!
                      **Smiling from ear to ear.
                      Thank you again Meghan!

Hi Liz –

Congratulations on making your trip full-up this time to visit your friends – that is a fantastic achievement!  Yeah YOU!

I told you I sensed you were now unstoppable – LOVE that!!!!

Your story is perfect and inspiring – – – I am sure it will help others! 

Can't wait to hear about more amazing adventures to come!

meghan

Anton Hooton
                      PSTEC User

I just joined up and your letter is the first I read ! Inspirational thanks for sharing, it makes my issues seem trivial ! Thanks Anton

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.