belief buster

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rita Van der Weck-Capitein
    PSTEC User

I have a question. Suppose I have the belief: Money does not make you happy.
      How can I put this belief in the past tense?
      Thanks and best regards,
      Rita Capitein/The Netherlands

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Rita,

Thanks for posting.

To get a proper handle on this, I think it would be worthwhile knowing exactly what you are trying to create.

Have you experienced “Money does not make you happy” and want to believe “Money DOES make you happy.” Or do you feel that a belief like “Money does not make you happy” is getting in the way?

Nothing can “make” us happy or unhappy, per se. We give meaning to events and circumstances, or have a conditioned response to them. More to it than that, of course.

In a literal sense, you would change that belief to “Money did not make you happy” or “Money has not made you happy.”

However, I would recommend really chunking down on that belief. Is the “you” “people” in general or is it yourself?

Firstly, do you want to believe “Money does not make you happy”, or would you prefer to believe something like “I can be happy when I choose to be”?

Do you already believe “Money does not make you happy” and want to eliminate that?

For money-related beliefs, look at some patterns you have around money. Do you feel guilty when you have money or sad when you do not?

What might you have to believe to have a certain pattern of behaviour or emotion around money?

Common beliefs around money might include:

“Money is the root of all evil.”
        “Money is hard to come by.”
        “You have to work hard to earn money.”
        “I will never have enough money.”

Hope to hear more from you, Rita, as I am keen to help you with this.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

PSTEC User

Thank you very much Paul. I have learned this general belief and made it personal.
          I think this works the best for me at the moment:

'I believed that money did not make me happy.'

In this way the old belief is more personal. What do you think about it?
          Thanks for your advice. Rita

Paul McCabe

Hi Rita,

Thanks for your message.

I think you could leave out “I believed that” and the meaning would remain intact. It just makes the belief easier to repeat during the process. Generally, the snappier, the better  ;D

There may be an emotional component here too. What would you have to believe to hold a belief like “Money does not make me happy” ?

There could be a series of beliefs propping this up. There usually is with a pattern. Then, just identify the pattern.

Do you think a belief like “Money causes unhappiness” (“Money caused unhappiness”) resonates with you?

This is not mentioned in the instructions of Belief Blasters, as that was not the intent, but I find that it can be useful to ask:

“In what way would holding this belief restrict my progress? How would it impact me if I DIDN'T have this belief?”

You know your experience better than anyone, so I would recommend giving this due consideration. It may well bring up some interesting perspectives.

This might also  assist you in pinpointing some other beliefs and targeting those that are getting in the way.

Please let me know if that helps, or if you need any further clarification, Rita.

Thanks,

Paul  :D

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

PSTEC User

Dear Paul,
              Thanks very much, this approach does help.  I will experiment with the belief:  Money did not make me happy or Money does not make me happy. Still I am a little confused because this was the original belief but I will see what happens.

And you are right: new beliefs do come up: it is not safe to be rich, I am not allowed to have money, it is dangerous to have money.
              I will use the belief blasters with these beliefs and let you know.
              Thanks again.
              Rita :)

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

perhaps you could seal it with “money couldn't make me happy”

Paul McCabe

Thank you, Rita.

Yes, by all means see what eliminating “Money did not make me happy” does too. Some experimentation can be involved here, and you might well find that creates a big shift for you.

Brian's suggestion is a good one too. See what resonates with you.

It is good you have found some other beliefs to “blast”  ;)

Paul

PSTEC User

Paul and Brian, thanks very much  for your help and feedback.
                    Rita

Adamsss
                    PSTEC User

Hello,

Remember, “Money does not make you happy.' is a 'supporting belief' it is not a core belief. It is prediction or a forecast of what would happen if you have money. Try to identify the core belief or beliefs behind this prediction belief.

Adam

PSTEC User

Thank you Adam.
                        Do you have any suggestions how I can trace the core belief?
                        When I ask myself: what do I have to believe when I think:  Money does not make me happy.  My answer would be: money is bad.

Is this the core belief  you mean?

Thanks Rita

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.