belief buster

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Paul McCabe
    PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Rita,

Adam made a really good point there.

“Money is bad” would be an example of a core belief.

“Money is…”, “People are…”, “I am…”, “Life is…” are examples of how core beliefs are held. Completing these sentences would typically reveal the core belief(s).

The distinction here, of course, would be to ensure the sentence has a “belief structure” to it.

“I am a bad person” cuts to the core. “I am feeling low” is emotionally descriptive. It does not cut to the core, as it were.

Obviously these are just examples. Around money, there is a lot of assumptions that are linked to the culture and mày go way back to early childhood.

“Money is hard to come by.”
      “Money is the root of all evil”
      “The only way to be successful is to be rich.”

Can you see that, if someone held these beliefs, it would generally affect their experience of life?

It can be really useful to look at your pattern around money (or anything, really). What patterns do you have around money? Do you tend to overspend or do you “hoard” it? What do you feel that people who talk about money a lot?

Think of the pattern and then think along the lines of “what would I have to believe to behave/think that way?”

Hope that helps.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

The first question to ask yourself is why do you believe money is important? If you stop to think about it for a second, it's not. It's when you have beliefs that place too much importance on it that it becomes a “problem”. Most all importance around money is due to lack which is driven by negative beliefs (thoughts, feelings and behaviors) and it is typically fear related.

PSTEC Accounts

Hi Rita,

Great discussion and good advice. I personally suggest simply “Money couldn't make me happy”

It is past tense. It is also two parts with connector exactly as per the instructions. Make each one as simple as it can be made. That is the approach one should use. Anything else is a complex belief.

Some beliefs do  present interesting questions though and I'm very pleased you asked.

Kind Regards

Tim

Rita Van der Weck-Capitein
          PSTEC User

Thanks Paul, Adam and Tim. I am going to  use belief blasters on my belief: money could not make me happy. Immediately a lot of other beliefs pop up as I am writing this. So I will work with all my money beliefs and let you know what happens.

Best regards,
            Rita

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.