Memory dissapear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tomas Zobal
    PSTEC User

Hi Dan,

I do stick with it and continue running the track. For some reason, it's easier for me to connect with the emotion, with the actual feeling, that's associated with the situation/memory I'm working on. It's like you described it… I can recall the memory vividly with detail, but as soon as the track starts and some of my attention goes to following the clicks, the memory sometimes slips away completely, is difficult to hold on to or becomes hazy.

I suspect it's the sub trying to protect the old mind model. The example with the doctor visit.. I know exactly what you mean.

For instance, when running The Wrapper, I have a hard time with flashing the memories quickly in my mind AND connecting to them or feeling the emotion at the same time. As if I needed more time to connect the two (memory and emotion). I can either flash memories quickly without feeling much emotion or I can connect to a memory more deeply, but at a slower pace.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Dan,

What the other folks have written is spot on.

It is not uncommon for someone's mind to wander during a PSTEC track. Also, it does make sense that the feelings and feelings may dissipate before running the tracks. These will not affect long-term results in using PSTEC, as long as you are following the instructions and trying to feel the emotions.

This could be the sub protecting you, or it could simply be that you are anchored to feeling better as the tracks play.

It can be very effective to write down exactly what you wish to work on before running the tracks – write down the memories, the emotion and the triggers. It can keep you on-task. It can also trigger other.memories.

Another strategy that can be very effective when dealing with “older” memories is to try to recreate the feelings you had then. Go back to how you would have felt as your younger.self.

Which feelings did you have then? Sadness? Fear? Whichever emotion it was, do you have recent experience with that (e.g. another context)?  If so, then you could evoke these feelings (assuming you have not already dissolved them!) in the more recent context and then attach them to the past context/memory just before running the track…and then CT them.

Please let us know how you get on.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Daniel Wynn
        PSTEC User

Hi guys,

Thanks for the link plus1g, i tried it last night and it seemed to be very effective. I am about to give it another go tonight. A lot of stuff came up I had long forgotten, so i think I am going to use this often, once again thanks for pointing me to that. Do you use the why technique often now?

I feel as if we are very similar thomas, a lot of what you have described is the same as how it is for me. Do you still find peace in those events that once troubled you? I think once an emotion or feeling pops up, I have to find myself keep going back to it, because it slips away quite quick. I know its not a race though, love the journey, not the finish line. I have come to realise challenges and obstacles will always arise, and we never stop learning. It's interesting we are both wired in similar way with the click tracts etc, and can help one another.  :)

Hi Paul,

Thanks you for the advice. I've got a list of events etc jotted down, so I go back to that regularly and find peace in those events, as much as I can. I will work out what emotions are involved and add them to the memories from now. You mentioned trying to recreate the feelings I had once had in those memories, is that a normal protocol for running the click tracks? Is it how I feel about the memory looking back now, years later, or how i felt when those events happened? Because often times before running the click tracks, i find myself feeling different looking back to how I felt as if I was there. E.g. I felt anger in the events, but look back and feel sadness. Should I get both?

Thanks for all the advice Guys
          Dan

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Dan,

What I suggested is not the standard protocol, per se, but it is another very useful way to access feelings/emotions that might be suppressed or hard to access.

The emotions can be suppressed for a number of reasons, and some of them have been mentioned in this thread.

Other reasons can be: embarrassment about having the problem, rationalising the problem away, using platitudes to feel better about the problem or to convince yourself the problem is gone.  On top of this, people can distract themselves out of problems.

Some of these reasons can come from the conscious mind and make perfect sense, but knowing how you “should” feel does not make problems disappear. If it was that simple, we would probably just choose bliss all the time. That would be pretty awesome, to be fair!

So, while the standard protocol works the majority of times, going back to how you would have felt “back then” and clearing that can be highly effective, if the emotions are not coming up.

A.good example of this would be if someone had a relationship break-up and they do not resolve it. Time goes by, they read a few books, get some advice and realise the relationship was a good thing. However, on a subconscious level, the hurt or feeling of rejection is linked to the break-up.

Someone might be embarrassed about feeling bad about the break-up, or might suppress the feelings away with platitudes like “plenty more fish in the sea!” or “que sera!”

The memory might not seem troublesome.

So, to dissolve the memory in this type of scenario, going back to how the person felt at the time of the break-up would be very effective.

If you feel sadness thinking of the memory now and anger at the time, or vice versa, keep CTing until you neutralise the emotion in both contexts. This would mean that, yes, you can remember that you felt a certain way in that memory but can no longer recreate it in yourself now.

I hope that makes sense.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.