Need to run negative/positive tracks again? – Questions on best practices

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Negative: The Belief Eraser Need to run negative/positive tracks again? – Questions on best practices

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

Listen to the whole thing for the first few times at least.

Thank you, Peter. I will add that I ran this the first time after a 20 minute relaxation meditation which I can only imagine would further enhance the effects. I currently indulge in a 20 minute meditation session daily using the Silva Method for Relaxation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2KTNiFZa2s

I will now add Tim's hypnotic track daily for a few weeks in full directly thereafter.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi plus1g

Clarifying on Negative use. Yes, however it can take some time for all the changes in your brain wiring to take place, might be minutes, hours or days. After an intensive session give it a few days and check back in with your feelings on the statement.

Prior to running Negative you should Click Track the feelings associated with the statement.

After running Negative if you feel up to it you can run a Positive which will be more or less the opposite of the Negative statement using the reasons you have worked on for your Negative Counter Statements.

Running all three back to back can be quite hard, finishing off with a relaxational Accelerator you might find helpful. Give yourself some time after such a session before doing anything else. Allow time beforehand to get all your statements organised and down on paper so that you can go from one to the other without stopping for too long.

Re Positive. If you feel that your statement represents an ideal you would like to achieve but do not think it will ever happen. Create a series of statements that are less than absolute positives. So might be, could be, should be possible rather than will be or is. Use the numbers to assess which might be the right level for you to almost believe and start with that one. Sort of “drive a wedge in” to open the door to possibility a little more each time. Keep the statements short and simple. As with the Negative give yourself a break then check back in after 2/3 days

PSTEC Accelerators sort of turbo charge all other PSTEC packages.

Apologies these replies are not in any great order.
        Hope they make sense
        There is no prescribed way of using PSTEC products that will work for all people for all things for all of the time. Some experimentation and playing with them to find what works for you is the best way of looking at it.
        Emotions/feelings are the language of the subconscious and words are used by the conscious. Emotions/feelings are from the evolutionary older part of us and still drive everything we do. For this reason we generally suggest using the Click Tracks first to enable change to take place.

Peter

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Top man. I feel great today after one run of erasing (I hate myself) yesterday.

I will let you know how I get on in about a week or so.

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Sorry to hijack the thread  :)

Just one point: I would contend that “(It is my belief) I hate myself” is less of a belief that could be eliminated and more of you feel about/relate to yourself based on other unwanted beliefs.

Eliminating that has clearly had an impact, but “I hate myself” is more of a consequence of having other beliefs and conditionings. It looks like the universal list of limiting beliefs you've listed might contribute to you having a sense of hatred for yourself.

To get to the possible root cause of your feeling of self-hatred, please ask “why?”, reflect on the question and list every reason why you hate yourself. Is it because of other people (their criticisms etc.) or behaviours you'd prefer not to have?

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

Sorry to hijack the thread  :)

Just one point: I would contend that “(It is my belief) I hate myself” is less of a belief that could be eliminated and more of you feel about/relate to yourself based on other unwanted beliefs.

Eliminating that has clearly had an impact, but “I hate myself” is more of a consequence of having other beliefs and conditionings. It looks like the universal list of limiting beliefs you've listed might contribute to you having a sense of hatred for yourself.

To get to the possible root cause of your feeling of self-hatred, please ask “why?”, reflect on the question and list every reason why you hate yourself. Is it because of other people (their criticisms etc.) or behaviours you'd prefer not to have?

Makes perfect sense. And thank you, there is no failure, only feedback. I am grateful for all of the contributions here thus far.

That “belief” is simply where I started as just a first test. I pulled this from the webinar for the product and thought I would start there and as you can see I drilled down from there so was going to work my way down the list.

http://pstecforum.com/pf/pstec-negative/finding-the-most-basic-belief/msg1966
              /#msg1966

The other beliefs I listed are things that I have actually caught myself thinking at certain times in my life so I know many of those are valid.

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

Extra to the instructions with the package I have suggested that  you can also write out your Negative statement (keeping it to about 8 words) several times 1 on each row. Starting out large then getting smaller each row. Each row also getting more scrambled. Row 2 reverse all the words, row 3 reverse all the letters in these reversed words. This makes the suggestions you hear on the Negative track “real” as well as physically destroying the sheet at the end. As you open your eyes during the track you see the big easy to read statement first and as your eyelids drop to close the statement diminishes and makes less sense. You can also do a similar non-scrambled version for Positive. This time starting small and getting bigger and bolder on the way down. At the end of a Positive do not destroy your statement sheet but again do the opposite, write it out again and stick them somewhere where you can see them many times afterwards. Imagine feeling the statement being true and how good that would be/is.

This worked really well. I ran the negative track 2x against a belief and I could barely imagine the sentence in my head afterwards. When I would open and close my eyes what was in my mind starting halfway through the first run was the last scrambled sentence which I was then tearing apart. After about 10 minutes of completing the two runs It is hard for me to even imagine the sentence at all – I have pretty much even forgotten what the belief was other than I had it written in a list.

I then ran it a 3rd time and when I tried to imagine the belief in my mind after looking in the paper it was so dim it was like I was just slashing the air in my imagination.

Scott Lambert
                PSTEC User

This has been the most valuable thread I've read to date! Thank you plus1g, Peter and Paul.

I literally had every question you had plus1g and Peter you answered them with such detail I have enough info to move forward.

Thank you again plus1g for being so open and self aware. Please keep us (me) posted on your progress. I have never been diagnosed with ADHD and don't feel I have it however we share some very disempowering beliefs.

My hope in my ability to make positive changes in my beliefs and my life has been renewed today!

Peter Bunyan
                  PSTEC User

Hi Scott

Thanks for your comments.

If you have not already done so download and listen to Tim's latest tutorial “Mindfulness and PSTEC“. This is several hours of listening and actively taking “notes”. However it is well worth finding the time. Tim explains in easy terms about how the mind works and how to use that information to change your own thinking patterns. PSTEC not required but as ever is a great help and accelerator for change. In this package Tim tells you how to use a cheap, low tech, mobile method to remove negative ways of thinking which can easily be used in conjunction with PSTEC tools.

Peter

Scott Lambert
                    PSTEC User

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reminder. I've gone through the Mindfullness program once already. I will go through it again as there is A LOT of great information on this program…and it's free for anyone else who doesn't know.

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.