PSTEC during/before triggering situations ?

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start PSTEC during/before triggering situations ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nakhan
    PSTEC User

Thanks to both of you.
      There is a lot to consider there. :)

When you say “I recommend Immersion” Paul, you mean taking some time off, totally away from any triggering situations ?

Thank you for all the great questions as ways to nail the core issues.

How much daily CT work do you recommend ?

Peter you suggested CTs, CTs Negative, CTs Positive and maybe Accelerators.

Do you think it's really important to work on the negative/positive beliefs as well ?
      (It's a little bit less “fun” to work on those, since I can't tell the difference right away)

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Nakhan,

Thanks for posting.

I was not meaning so much to avoid the triggering situations, as immersing yourself in the PSTEC processes.

Go gentle.on yourself, though, and trust your instincts. You will get a sense of whether you need a break…if indeed that is the case. I get the sense, though, that you have a great knack for this and will see it through.

Everyone's experience is unique (naturally) and, as cliched as it might seem, but there is no “one size fits all” approach.

However, I would contend that the very best results from PSTEC (and any process, really) come to those who persevere and continue neutralising negative/unwanted emotions, eliminating beliefs and layering in laser-focused suggestions. By continuing to work on the pattern you identified, you will arrive at the stage where the tipping point is reached. This is where you will see the magic.

You are spot on, Nakhan, that there is an obvious benefit in neutralising unwanted emotions. You feel that benefit. This is why getting the unwanted emotion down to 0 (or close to it) is suggested as the optimum first step. Then, work on the beliefs.

We are not always aware of the beliefs we hold, but beliefs feed into emotions, which feed into behaviour (occasionally compulsive or avoidant)…and vice versa. It is like a cycle.

So, if you successfully eliminated a belief such as “Speaking in Public in scary”, you would likely see some tremendous benefits.

There are some great ways of accessing the beliefs we hold…and I think that can wait for another post  ;D

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Nakhan
        PSTEC User

Thanks Paul for your reply.

I really appreciate the thoughtful answers on this forum, it makes a lot of difference !

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi Nakhan

How much daily CT work do you recommend ?

Peter you suggested CTs, CTs Negative, CTs Positive and maybe Accelerators.

Do you think it's really important to work on the negative/positive beliefs as well ?
            (It's a little bit less “fun” to work on those, since I can't tell the difference right away)

I see it this way: If you get in your car and fire up the engine you then have to release the parking/hand brake otherwise it will prevent you from moving off. This is what the Click Tracks do for you, they free you up so that you can go where you like. PSTEC Positives are like having a destination, otherwise you are free to move after the CTs but with nowhere to go, so not much change will happen. Accelerators are like oil for the engine, they make the whole thing more efficient.

PSTEC Negative is best IMO for those self limiting beliefs that you have repeated to yourelf or even said aloud so often that they have a sort of gained an independant life of their own. Beliefs that often start with “I can't do…” or “I don't know how…” or “I don't have enough time/money/…” or “I'm no good at…” and have become truely self limiting.

As to how much to do each day: Your are on a journey and it is important that you find it pleasurable seeing the changing scenery. If you drive for too long you cease to enjoy it, you are just desperate to get to the end. As you continue to use PSTEC you will find the way you see things change to a more positive less negative way, but it can be tiring. So as Paul says “Go gentle on yourself”.

Re Can't tell the difference right away: With CTs you should use the 0-10 scale of percieved emotional intensity before and after each play through. This is like seeing how many miles you have just done on a section on your journey, so that you know you have got nearer your destination. You can do something similar with Positive. look at the statement you wish to use and ask yourself “On a scale of 0-10 where 0 is not at all and 10 absolutely, how true does this feel to me?”. if the returned number is low then it would be good to change the statement to something more believable. Trying to get too big a change is like trying to travel too far for one day.

Peter

Nakhan
            PSTEC User

Thank you Peter!!

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.