Purchased a house, now making me feel terrible anxiety / stress.

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues General Anxiety…Social Anxiety… Panic Attacks…Agoraphobia Purchased a house, now making me feel terrible anxiety / stress.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Going4Better
    PSTEC User

Hello PSTEC, in the past I have had anxiety and panic disorder and used PSTEC click tracks (and went sugar free) which significantly reduced the emotional problems. I have posted questions before and now, to my surprise, anxiety and panic has resurfaced for what seems to be a specific reason. If you can give me advice (yet again) I would appreciate it.
      I purchased a house (which I had inspected and also paid a professional to inspect it) but when moving in I was shocked to hear constant sounds: 'clacks' and 'bungs' and 'wacks' which seemed to enter my brain via my ears and has caused anxiety / stress / panic feelings. The noises come and go, depending on the temperature / sun etc.
      I bought this house to live in with all my money, and I think the sounds are making me feel incredibly stressed and unhappy about buying this house. In the past, I have also lost money when selling two houses and I have clicked on that thought as well.
      For the past week, I have now used PSTEC click tracks regularly, trying to get rid of the stress and anxiety caused by hearing the clacks and wacks and bungs from the ceiling and walls of the house. There has been no success with the click tracks: which has surprised me.
      Because I have regularly used PSTEC click tracks for about three years, I am wondering if I should use the EEF system as well.
      I know this is a bit weird, but I am wondering if listening to the click tracks to reduce the panic feelings caused by the clacks from the walls and ceilings is therefore not effective.
      I am also wondering if I should use PSTC Negative instead.
      As always, I will appreciate your response and advice.
      Kind Regards, Going4Better.

Going4Better
      PSTEC User

Hello again PSTEC: to add to my first topic statement, I am thinking that my body and brain is 'anticipating' hearing the 'clacks' and therefore is already feeling anxiety in anticipation of the noise.
        Thanks for any assistance from Going4Better.

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi Going4Better

Before I goany further a quick question. Do you recall ever being scared by horror or supspense type drama movies or even by reading books? Do you over-react to loud or sudden noises? Did you live in a house when you were young that made noises?

I have to check with this first.
          Peter

Going4Better
          PSTEC User

Hello Peter Bunyan, thanks for your response. My immediate 'thoughts' in response to your question are these. I have never enjoyed watching horror movies and in fact avoid them. I read a lot of books when young which had very positive influences on me (The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe etc etc) and do not remember being scared by them. Yes, I think I do react to loud and sudden noises. When young, I do not remember living in a house with noise.
            Last night, I listened to some of the pstec 'advice' by Tim and something really struck a thought. In the past, I lost heaps of money when selling a house due to a relationship break up, I lost money due to termites destroying part of another house and I lost money due to being severely bullied and selling the house where I had been living and working. I therefore did more PSTEC click track using those thoughts and am hoping that will be helpful.
            Thanks for any advice from Going4Better.

Going4Better
            PSTEC User

Hello again Peter. Unfortunately tonight there has been a couple of big 'bangs' which have started my heart pounding again and the feeling of anxiety and my brain feeling tense. Then some smaller 'clunks' which, probably because of the loud bangs, have also made the anxiety increase. I was feeling much better after last nights PSTEC: now, the anxiety is returning although I think/hope not as bad. Again, any advice appreciated. Thankyou from Going4Better.

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

Hi Going4Better

Having cleared one question out of the way and thought of more to ask, it might be better to go for a faster solution. Rather than delving  around in the past go for the anticipated future disaster. You described this issue as an anxiety and even anticipating the noises, so these are fears for a future, something that has not yet happened. Try then if you can imagining the worst case scenario, what would you feel like if you were “forced out” of this house, yet another house move again, not so much the loss of money but what a house represents to you, security, social respect, a home, something that is yours. Whatever these house noises bring up, exagerate it. Keep that in mind while running a Click Track. Here you are trying to raise the fear level so that the Click Tracks have a clearer emotional target to remove. Can you do that?
                Peter

Going4Better
                PSTEC User

Hello Peter,
                  I read your message during the night (Australian time) and for the first time had three solid 'goes' using the EEF click tracks (as said before have used the PSTEC click tracks regularly) trying to follow what you said. I hate to say this, but for the first time ever it seemed PSTEC was completely ineffective. I could not sleep and when I got out of bed in the morning the walls and windows were clacking the worst ever and my anxiety became even worse. So bad I could not think of any positive thoughts at all and I have been in extremely deep emotional trouble. I hate to say all this to you but hoping there might be further advice!? Thankyou.

Peter Bunyan
                  PSTEC User

Hi Going4Better
                    Apologies if my suggestions/guesswork have not helped yet. IMO the Click Tracks always work if you are (a) using them correctly and (b) giving them the relevant accurate target. To this end have you yet tried Click Tracking  the anxieties, fears, whatever while you are actually experiencing them while the house noises are going on or while you are waiting for them to happen? Working on them in the present moment? In any case doing something is better than just waiting.
                    Peter

Brian Tucker
                    PSTEC User

o this end have you yet tried Click Tracking  the anxieties, fears, whatever while you are actually experiencing them while the house noises are going on or while you are waiting for them to happen? Working on them in the present moment? In any case doing something is better than just waiting.
                      Peter

I would suggest the same thing. As soon as you wake up and hear that and your emotional reaction starts, just start clicking away at it as it's happening.

Going4Better
                      PSTEC User

Hello Peter, well, no offence intended, but because I have used PSTEC many times, I did exactly what you said to do…………but did it before you posted your latest advice. So, thanks for the advice and I am pleased I made my own action decision: it has improved me and I hope to continue improving.
                        As always, I totally appreciate PSTEC Forum.
                        Kind regards from Going4Better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.