Questions about PSTEC applications

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    leslie0983
    PSTEC User

I recently read someone mention PSTEC online as an alternative to EFT and thought that this process sounded very interesting and I'm really excited to try it – but I have a few questions about how the process works and it's applications that I wanted to ask!

1) What is the science behind PSTEC? I understand that its based on hypnotherapy, but everything I've read and my personal experience suggest that it takes 30-90 days of continuous sessions for hypnotherapy to seep into the subconscious, so why does PSTEC work so much faster and better?

2) I'm a bit confused about the process and how it works… So, I'm dealing with a break up right now, which naturally comes with a lot of anger.  I could use PSTEC to clear those feelings of anger… but anger in a break up is often about a deep rooted fear of having unmet needs (or in my case, a belief that I don't deserve to have my needs met)… so while I won't be angry about this particular break up after the PSTEC, I'll still have that underlying fear that will be triggered every time it seems like my needs would be in jeopardy. So in that sense, it seems like PSTEC is like a band-aid? And it would actually be counter productive because its the difficult process of sitting with the anger for days that got me to that insight which I would have not done if I just “cleared” those feelings away…  Would it also be correct to assume that if I went through a list of the initial memories that could have triggered that belief that my needs won't get met and neutralized those emotions, than at that point the belief will  be addressed?

I'm not trying to be contrarian, as much as get my head around the theory behind the process and how it would be into a therapy model and one's daily life.

Thanks so much!

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Leslie…

PSTEC is Not Hypnotherapy or Anything Else You Have Ever Experienced

Well, in truth, PSTEC is not hypnotherapy at all.  The only connection with hypnotherpy is that Tim Phizackerley, the Found and Creator of PSTEC, is an excellent hypnotherapist.  But, in his private work with clients, he developed a much quicker method of shifting the mind model, both used by therapists and also for self-helpers and PSTEC was born.

PSTEC is not an energy therapy, not hypnotherapy, not NLP, etc., etc. and…

This is an important point…
        Do not approach PSTEC with a mind filled with other ways of shifting your mind because it will only confuse you.  Follow Tim's instructions very literally and you will move along more quickly and with more ease.

For example, a common mistake is when someone believes they must feel the feeling during the CT, but that is not important.  Many people do feel the feeling and that's fine, but what Tim instructs is to TRY HARD… TRY HARD AS YOU CAN … to feel the feeling.  Big difference and pivotal as well.

What is PSTEC?

So, the complete “Why” about PSTEC?  Well, here's the best explanation that you will get … http://pstecaudiosource.org/what-is-pstec … all the aspects of how it works, you will not know.  That's Tim's “secret” for now, but it's not about “why” it works, but that it works… it's about results.

And…

That's why Tim gives away the Basic Click Tracks… try it… no charge… no obligation… no time limit.  Follow and instructions to a “T” and see what happens and if you need help, you can come here or if you need a practitioner to help guide you along for a bit, there are many available.

How to use them… the process … again, follow his directions very literally and take your time listening to his instructions.  Don't rush in with your previous ideas of how other things work; take your time like you would with an excellent tool of any type and become excellent handling it and you will amaze yourself!

“I'm dealing with a break up right now, which naturally comes with a lot of anger.  I could use PSTEC to clear those feelings of anger”

Ah, anger is an emotion that is very powerful… not in a positive way, of course, but in a way that blocks your magnificence… blocks your connection with the Truth of Who and What You Truly Are!

So, with a previous relationship, imagine that person… what makes you most angry about that person?  Just imagine that… focus on it… TRY HARD to feel the anger and do your best to keep up with the tapping to the clicks and tones of the CT's.

SPECIAL NOTE:
        Don't over think things too much … K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, sweetheart!  :) ) … if you feel something that's not J.E.E.P. (joy, enthusiasm, excitement, peace), then CT it.  Be a CT fiend and clear, clean and let go.  Make that your priority in life and the rest gets easy… trust me. ;D

So, once you CT the anger toward someone… note the intensity of the emotion and also, sit and reflect about the person… notice the shift in perception… do you feel like practicing unconditional forgiveness and do you feel compassion?  Revel in that and let it wash over you!!

“fear of having unmet needs”

Ah, why do we usually get in relationships?  To get something, correct?  Recipe for disaster, of course, because that will ALWAYS end in pain because that “special” relationship will end at some point and we no longer get what we need.

So, imagine never getting whatever need you want.
        Ok, yes, I know it's counter-intuitive, but it's counter to an intuition that is “insane” and does not have your True best interest in mind because that perception is moving you toward pain or worse!

This is a way to address the fear of failure…
        We don't imagine never getting what we want to manifest not getting it, but to expose the fear of not getting it which does not serve, in any manner, the receiving of what we desire.

Imagine not getting it… how does that feel?
        Now CT that fear and see how you feel… see what happens.

You might just find, in terms of relationships, that you are not entering relationships for other reasons other than to “get something.”

So, band aid?
        PSTEC, like anything, can be used as a band-aid, but when you target PSTEC as instructed and properly… in the most effective way… it can shift your mind model… shift your perception… in ways you cannot even imagine yet!

“counter productive because its the difficult process of sitting with the anger for days that got me to that insight which I would have not done if I just “cleared” those feelings away”

Well, Leslie, don't sit with it for days… target it the best you can and CT it.

Here's another incredible feature of the CT's…

They will encourage recall.  When you continue using them, they will encourage recall of the memories, feelings and beliefs that must be handled.  And, one step further, if you also employ the PSTEC Accelerators, it will enhance your recall to an even greater degree!

That's what PSTEC is doing, by the way, “clearing those feelings away.”
        I have seen many people claim they are clearing emotions away but without focusing on anything else… not truly identifying the cause of those unpleasant emotions and, while it's possible, it's difficult, takes quite a bit of time and may not “stick” because the cause keeps bringing that emotion up.  In other words, someone may “release” the emotion, but if the belief is still present and quite strong, it will keep “reproducing” the emotion and will seem like it's returning.

Beliefs

So, that brings us to beliefs that you touched on…
        “list of the initial memories that could have triggered that belief that my needs won't get met and neutralized those emotions, than at that point the belief will  be addressed?”

Sometimes when you CT emotions, beliefs can be affected as well, especially with simple issues, like many phobias, maybe a one time trauma, etc.  But, with complex, long-standing and “important” issues, shifting beliefs as well as releasing or neutralizing the emotions will get you to success much more quickly and with more ease.

So, PSTEC Positive is the tool of choice and I recommend you get PSTEC with the Level 1 Package (although you can get it ala carte, but the package is such an incredible value!)

Tim's model of the subconscious, how it works and the tools he is providing, in my experience and those with my clients, is unsurpassed… truly … and in a way where most people can “self help” this.  But, sometimes our issues are akin to “can't see the forest for the trees” and we need a little guidance to get moving on the Path to Freedom!

Immerse yourself and see what happens… we are here for ya!

Aloha nui loa!
        Jeff

PS Oh, Oh!!!  On beliefs… coming soon… in the next couple weeks… an additional tools for beliefs… PSTEC Negative!!!  It erases the disempowering beliefs which makes PSTEC Positive (suggesting to the subconscious the beliefs you desire) even more effective and with ease!  Stay tuned!

leslie0983
        PSTEC User

Jeff, thanks so much for your thoughtful and detailed reply. I did download the free PSTEC tracks this weekend and tried them on two issues, the first issue relating to something that I did 5 years ago that I've been very ashamed off and the second to the latest breakup. The PSTEC actually did wonders on the old issue and I can finally think about that situation and why I got myself into it without feeling guilt and shame, but it had minimal impact on my feelings about the breakup. I think that this might be because the feelings I have about the breakup are the same feelings I've had during my childhood – so would you recommend working with those feelings instead before addressing the current ones?

For the past few weeks, I've started meditating and doing hypno/visualization sessions daily – how do you see PSTEC fitting into the larger picture here? On the one hand I think that everyone has itra own benefit but on the other hand, I'm afraid of overwhelming my brain with too much, although sometimes I feel if you're trying to reprogram your brain from 30+ years of unhelpful thoughts and beliefs, an concentrated, intense effort is needed, much like going to rehab or going to school/workshop full time. what do you think?

Also, I found that after doing two PSTEC sessions in a row, I was TIRED. So tired that I had to take a warm shower to chill out because I felt to light headed and exhausted… is it normal to feel that way afterwards and how many of these do you recommend doing and how often?

Jeff Harding

You're always welcome!

This is a good question because it illustrates being specific vs. being too general.

On this one, you were very specific…

“something that I did 5 years ago that I've been very ashamed off”

A specific memory, specific feeling… done deal!
            Good Job!

Now, this one…
            “…the latest breakup…”
            … there is less specificity … it's a general statement and, with a breakup of a close relationship, it involves more than one aspect… most likely.  In other words, feeling terrible about the breakup is based upon a series of feelings and beliefs from your past.  So, there must be a pattern occurring here, most likely.

And, I recommend handling this pattern before moving on to another relationship because it's likely you would merely repeat it over and over and over and over again.  :(

So, you already touched on it…

“the feelings I have about the breakup are the same feelings I've had during my childhood – so would you recommend working with those feelings instead before addressing the current ones?”

Again, good job!!!
            Yes, one of the questions or series of question I ask people when they experience something unpleasant in the present is:
            *When was the last time you felt a similar feeling… and the time before that?
            *When was the first time you remember feeling this way in your life?
            *When was the worst experience you had in feeling this way?

You see?

Your repeated pattern is founded upon, at least in part and sometimes in large part, to the past emotional experiences.

So, yes, carry on and CT those old memories!

After you have CT'd those memories with similar feelings, check back in with the more recent experience… how does that feel now?

For the past few weeks, I've started meditating and doing hypno/visualization sessions daily – how do you see PSTEC fitting into the larger picture here?

Meditation is about getting quiet… about listening to your inspiration, however you define that.  The most “junk” from the past floating around in your mind as important, the less likely you can get quiet and listen.  So, PSTEC is the ideal set of tools to help reduce emotional reactions to help you calm your mind as well as shift beliefs that you can sit and get quiet… that you can receive guidance from your source of inspiration.

You see, you have two sources of guidance… from your past definitions; your ego; all those ideas you have about yourself that are limited.  That's one.  The other is your greatest manifestation of yourself that some would call Super Conscious, Higher Self or even Spirit.  No matter what you call it… call them … it's a simple choice, but becomes more difficult when our minds are full of all the past junk that we have hung onto, sometimes, for decades.

On the one hand I think that everyone has itra own benefit but on the other hand, I'm afraid of overwhelming my brain with too much, although sometimes I feel if you're trying to reprogram your brain from 30+ years of unhelpful thoughts and beliefs, an concentrated, intense effort is needed, much like going to rehab or going to school/workshop full time. what do you think?

It's up to you… sure, you put more time in, you will compress your efforts and move along more quickly.  But, be careful because many times that “intense effort” is motivated by fear and anxiety that says, 'I gotta change… I gotta change NOW!”  So, don't fall into that trap because the anxiety and fear come from the old mind model… from the past.

Look…

30 years with one mind model does not mean it takes 30 years to deconstruct it for a new one.

Here's what keeps us stuck and causes us to delay…

Our unwillingness to shift that mind model because we are REALLY attached to it… we don't want to change it… fear changing it… whatever the reason, we hang onto it.

BE WILLING

Willing to let go of emotional attachments and aversions.
            Willing to let go of beliefs.
            Willing to let go of behaviors.
            Willing to let go of ideals and values.
            Willing to let go of definitions in the world.

The more WILLING you are, the quicker it will seem.

And…

Self Reflection without Self Kindness is Self Abuse
            So, when you have a list of emotional memories, just do one or two a day and then work with PP and beliefs in the direction you wish to journey.

Take it easy and realize you are not “fixing” yourself, but uncovering your magnificence!

Also, I found that after doing two PSTEC sessions in a row, I was TIRED. So tired that I had to take a warm shower to chill out because I felt to light headed and exhausted… is it normal to feel that way afterwards and how many of these do you recommend doing and how often?

Sure, it can happen.  When the emotions were brought to consciousness, it can be akin to reliving them (although not required)… some do, some don't.  Just relax and rest and get refreshed.

Do what you feel you can… again, remember the “kindness” thing.

Malama Pono!
            Jeff

leslie0983
            PSTEC User

Hi Jeff,

Thanks again, as always, for your awesome responses!

While doing a PSTEC session on my current feelings I got a memory flash to an event when I was younger that I totally forgot about. This event happened during a 3-year period of my life that was pretty traumatic, but I decided to focus on it since it popped into my mind.

After doing a PSTEC session on it a 5-6x, I can look at that point in my life more rationally and while doing the PSTEC sessions on that event my mind starts to drift to other times later in my life when I felt the same way (and there's been a lot!) My question is – do I need to do the PSTEC on all the times in my life I felt that way.. because that's just SO much!

Also, although I'm able to look at the experience when I was younger more rationally – I now realize that I react to people and circumstances in a certain way because of those events and not because there is something wrong with me. But this doesn't necessarily make me feel better now because I'm still feeling those feelings (even though I know where they are coming from) and I'm guessing as I do more PSTEC sessions those should change.. But I guess I have a hard time believing that if I change how I feel about what happened when I was 9 or 10.. that this would lead meeting people that don't elicit those feelings? That's the whole point, right?

I'm also a bit confused on how to put everything together – so I have some old feelings from when I was a child about being abandoned and not good enough, and I feel that way now – and I'm also afraid that in the future I'll be abandoned again BUT I'm sure that I'm afraid that I might NOT get abandoned again because that would be a nice situation for me and outside of my comfort zone.. so I guess my question is how do I put all of this together – the old feelings, and the double sided fear of both succeeding and failing in future events?

After doing this, I've realized that I'm living my life in a holding patterns – too afraid to land, too afraid to fly away…

Jeff Harding

Hi Leslie…

While doing a PSTEC session on my current feelings I got a memory flash to an event when I was younger that I totally forgot about. This event happened during a 3-year period of my life that was pretty traumatic, but I decided to focus on it since it popped into my mind.
                After doing a PSTEC session on it a 5-6x, I can look at that point in my life more rationally and while doing the PSTEC sessions on that event my mind starts to drift to other times later in my life when I felt the same way (and there's been a lot!) My question is – do I need to do the PSTEC on all the times in my life I felt that way.. because that's just SO much!

Good job!
                One of the greatest features of Tim's Tools are that they encourage recall.
                You see, it's about identifying aspects of our mind model that are in error (creating disharmony) and correcting them and doing it much more quickly and easily with Tim's Tools.  So that old memory coming up was “served up” by the subconscious as being relevant.  If you want to be clear of that issue, that must be CT'd… as you did.

Now, where is the emotional intensity on that old memory?  Just on that one memory?  If it's not 0-1, go for 0-1.  Don't settle for higher than that.

The other memories, jot them down… start a list on this issue.

Couple points…

If you notice something repeating… let's say a certain person treating you poorly during that time, find the common aspect.  It could be something they said, did or acted on… could just be the person.  Begin CT'ing on whatever comes up as a common thread.

Also, look for the most intense memories… CT those.

As you go through this list on those above, revisit it after you have done those… getting those you CT down to 0-1… remember, don't settle for a 6, 3 or even a 2! … reassess the others.  See if those hold any intensity.  Be methodical about it.

Make sense?

Do you have to do them all?

Here's my answer…

BE WILLING

The more WILLING you are to do “whatever it takes”; the less likely you will have to do much.  Now, you can't fool the mind and think, 'I will be willing so that I can be done with this!'  That won't do it.  Take the approach that says, 'Correcting my mind is THE most important work in my life and I will keep doing it until it's done and if it's never done, I will keep doing it until it is!'

You see?

Be patient and kind and bring that calmness to your inner work.

Infinite patience, brings immediate results!

When that type of True Patience is manifested (more and more) your work will quicken and, actually, turn to play!  :D

I now realize that I react to people and circumstances in a certain way because of those events and not because there is something wrong with me. But this doesn't necessarily make me feel better now because I'm still feeling those feelings (even though I know where they are coming from) and I'm guessing as I do more PSTEC sessions those should change.. But I guess I have a hard time believing that if I change how I feel about what happened when I was 9 or 10.. that this would lead meeting people that don't elicit those feelings? That's the whole point, right?

Here's the point, Leslie … what you describe above are beliefs and behaviors and that's where PSTEC Positive comes into the picture where it shifts your beliefs and behaviors… those patterns of thinking … so that you do manifest something different and, yes, you're right, that is the whole point.

Here…

Notice the most calm people when things go awry… when the world is in chaos, there are some who don't participate and their life is filled with joy and peace no matter what.  Even when people say, 'What's wrong with you?!!  If you aren't upset, then you don't care!!!!' Well, one of their beliefs revolves around something like this: “Other people opinions do not affect me.”  You see?

My wife and I were chatting with Tim and his wife on the phone about a year ago talking about forgiveness.  That is what PSTEC is all about in a sense… unconditional forgiveness where you completely let go of the attachment and aversions to your past.

Now, my wife and I do a lot of our own inner work.  We are WILLING to do whatever it takes and, in Truth, practicing unconditional forgiveness is THE most important task for us in Life.  As Tim pointed out in a follow up to our phone conversation, he said, “I thought of forgiveness as something you do after the fact… like a pardon … but you two practice forgiveness before anything even happens.”  Very True.

And, at one point, I looked at my wife and as a result of our work individually and practicing together, I said, “You know, it's been years since any really mean people have been a part of our lives.”

You see, you shift your perception and the world you live in does change.

Ah, but I digress…

So, when you say, I react to people and circumstances in a certain way I… those are patterns and, when you use PSTEC, you are shifting patterns so that you no longer respond that way and, you know what?  A lot of those people don't show up in the same manner or not at all.  Your relationships will existing people can change as well.

I'm also a bit confused on how to put everything together – so I have some old feelings from when I was a child about being abandoned and not good enough, and I feel that way now – and I'm also afraid that in the future I'll be abandoned again BUT I'm sure that I'm afraid that I might NOT get abandoned again because that would be a nice situation for me and outside of my comfort zone.. so I guess my question is how do I put all of this together – the old feelings, and the double sided fear of both succeeding and failing in future events?

***IMPORTANT***
                This is a very important point and will make a HUGE difference in your work… er … play.  ;D  Become excellent at noticing the difference between emotions and beliefs….

CT and EEF's are for emotions like when you recall a memory and feel fearful, anxious, angry, etc.
                CT those!

* memories of: old feelings from when I was a child about being abandoned
                * imagined events: afraid that in the future I'll be abandoned again
                * imagined events:might NOT get abandoned
                Good point on this last one… fear of success … great one to CT.  Most have to sit with the imagined event to get the feeling and identify it, but sit with a vision or idea of what that would seem like to never get abandoned… how does that feel? Unpleasant?  CT it!

PSTEC Positive is for beliefs and behaviors like when you have thoughts, such as:
                * not good enough
                * hard time believing that if I change how I feel about what happened when I was 9 or 10.. that this would lead meeting people that don't elicit those feelings
                * too afraid to land, too afraid to fly away
                There may be feelings there, but there are also beliefs, such as, something along the lines of: 'I am stuck'… or … 'It's safer to not do anything'… or … 'I can't fly away… can't be any greater, etc.'
                Those would be addressed with PSTEC Positive along with CT'ing the emotions that go with them.
                Let those memories come up… access them: pleasant or unpleasant … and CT the unpleasant until they are neutral.

Keep it simple and keep it running… or clicking.

Aloha!
                Jeff

leslie0983
                PSTEC User

Hi Jeff,

So I've been doing daily 2-4 rounds of PSTEC free tracks and EEFs on old memories – the cool thing is that PSTEC has actually really helped me with my memory recall; while doing one thing all of a sudden I remember another version of the event that was actually more upsetting or my feelings shift from one to another. As I've been doing the session, it's interesting because I feel like my feelings have gotten more intense and I'm actually surprised at how much something that I really thought I had gotten over is REALLY upsetting me.

I'm working on a feeling of literally being abandoned for a few years when I was younger, so it's an obvious issue in every relationship I've ever had and but also other areas such  feeling uneasy in large groups of people/cliques so I'd avoid event like large parties in school or skip social events and then feel abandoned because I was at home by myself while everyone was having fun, feeling abandoned when no one calls me for a few days, my boss doesn't pay attention to me at work, etc. Many of these (like not taking a boss personally) I've learned to deal with through just basic cognitive therapy principles. 

Because I'm starting to realize all the times that I have and still do now feel abandoned and alone, I don't actually know if I've cleared the original negative memory because even when I think I have, I'll just say to myself “well you probably felt the same thing that you're feeling now” and then I imagine how I would feel that when I was younger and then all the feelings come back just as strong. So I've feel like I've made progress because I've become much more aware of all of these feelings… but because I'm more aware of them I feel like the feelings are even stronger now as I've been doing the PSTEC? Before, I guess they were so repressed that logically I knew that period of my life had effected me but when I thought about that event I couldn't feel anything and had very limited memories… so I actually don't know if its working on turning down the emotions and whether I can move onto other events.. it's like they are all bothering me simultaneously and I think its just the memory of my entire life not a few particular events that's the problem so I don't even know what to focus on.. 

Jeff Harding

Hi leslie… many feel they are not making progress when feelings become more intense, but in most instances it merely means you are hitting upon something that is quite poignant and is advisable to continue.

Sometimes you must CT or use the EEF's several times.  You will know when you are done with a particular issue and, being aware as you are, you will also know when other aspects arise to your consciousness for you to heal them.  So, basically, keep clickin'!

“I'm actually surprised at how much something that I really thought I had gotten over is REALLY upsetting me. “

Keep in mind not to “think so much” as your existing mind model (the one creating the limited perceptions and even pain or discomfort) will help to convince you that you are “over it.”  But, what it REALLY means is that you have ignored it, suppressed it, buried it.

When working to heal a particular emotional issue… pay attention to the feelings … keep testing it … TRY AS HARD AS YOU CAN to feel it.

But, also, be sure to address beliefs.

If we have a strong beliefs… or a series of strong beliefs… those may be the major contributor to an issue and clearing the emotions may not be all that is necessary, but shifting the beliefs is what is needed to transcend the issue.

'I'm working on a feeling of literally being abandoned “

Actually, it's not a feeling of being abandoned.  It's the notion or thought (a belief) that you are abandoned and then THAT belief will make you feel, most likely, sad, fearful, angry or a combination of them.

So, when you work with a memory of being abandoned or even an imagined event of being abandoned, TRY HARD to feel the emotion or feeling you identify with being abandoned.

Don't confuse a “state of being” or a belief with an emotion or feeling.

Remember too … address emotions with the Click Tracks, EEF's or Accelerator (ATT) Tapping Tracks … address beliefs and behaviors with PSTEC Positive, PP Extra Power or the ATT's.

“Many of these (like not taking a boss personally) I've learned to deal with through just basic cognitive therapy principles.  “

I call this intellectualizing or “putting up with the &%$#!!”

We justify living in pain and discomfort and it's, by far, not the Truth.

Keep this in mind…

If you are thinking, you are wrong.

That means: don't use the same mind that is causing you problem to also solve the problems… it either will never work or will take a long, long time.

“I don't actually know if I've cleared the original negative memory”

Don't make “clearing the original memory” the objective.  Many times you don't have to do that.  Just follow the emotions, clear what comes up.  If nothing comes up, go with what is happening in the present and/or create an imagined event that is similar in feeling to the problem issue… an imagined event and triggers the same feeling.

Keep this simple!

“it's like they are all bothering me simultaneously and I think its just the memory of my entire life not a few particular events that's the problem so I don't even know what to focus on.. “

This is where focus comes into play… take one at a time.  If you have difficulty, connect with a practitioner to guide you along.  Sometimes we just need a little help to get some momentum!

And… remember to address beliefs…

“I'll just say to myself “well you probably felt the same thing that you're feeling now”

You see that belief… if the belief is strong, your subconscious will use that trigger to invoke the feeling once again… you see?

Make PSTEC Positive your new best friend to work along side with your Click Tracks.

Emotions
                    Beliefs
                    Behaviors

Address the Law of Three and you will move along more quickly and easily.

Aloha!
                    Jeff

NickR
                    PSTEC User

Jeff
                        Thank you for posting these detailed answers throughout the forum. They have really helped me to understand working with PSTEC. I'm starting work with a practitioner next week (Peter Owen). I for one, know that I would benefit from external help.

Thanks again.

Nick

leslie0983
                      PSTEC User

Hi Jeff,

As always, thanks for your very enlightening answers! I've been working with the CC and PP tracks, incorporating your comments and have more things pop up…

First, PSTEC has been incredible for my memory recall; I've generally been pretty good at understanding that most of my current/imagined future feelings are driven by the past, but after the CC I can think about a feeling or belief and very quickly remember something related that would have never crossed my mind otherwise. I've been trying to add a more “playful” by going with whatever my mind is giving me; focusing on feeling better about now or the future felt too much like I was 'fixing' myself rather enlightening myself (the result so far is that I feel better about myself but not about my current situation). Through the CC, the past situations morph and change into something and then I EEF, whatever the final situation/feeling settles into.

During the EEF's, my mind starts wondering a lot about and about half way in, I get really annoyed and remind myself that I want to do want to let go and need to focus. The past few times I've done this, if the feeling is about an imagined event or an imagined past event (i.e. one memory representing many related to a specific feeling and action from one person), my mind has actually gone blank, it takes a while to get back up and that initial image it's drawing a blank although it should be there.. honestly, this is what I imagine a lobotomy would feel like! I finish the EEF tracks, but just tell myself that the EEF is for that thing I can't bring up and that my subconscious knows what it is. This whole thing is rather unsettling – have you had this happen to clients?

My second question is on the PP. First, there are beliefs that I want to work on that I totally don't feel are true. For example, I have a belief that I don't deserve to be in a healthy relationship. Saying, “I deserve to be in a healthy relationship” doesn't feel right. Saying something like “I will soon deserve to be,” or “I'm working toward feeling that I deserve to be,” or “In the future, I will deserve to be”, rights more true. Do you recommend PP'ing on the “I deserve” statement until it rights true or using a statement that feels more true but might not the positive belief that I want.

Second, if there is a belief that is related to how other people see me, what is the best way to construct that PP? Let's say, that I want people to view me as attractive. Do I use “I believe that I am attractive” or “Other people believe that I am attractive”? On the one hand, I can't control other people and if I think that I'm attractive, in theory, I'll act like it and other people will too. However, I can also believe that I'm attractive but that for some reason… other people won't find me attractive or appreciate my attractiveness, and create those outcomes.  So I'm confused on the balance of myself v. others in PP statements.

As always thanks.. and apologies for my very wordy posts!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.