What order should I work on

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Leslie Onyesoh
    PSTEC User

Hi All,

First time clicker here  ;)

I have to say what an amazing thread. Just what I was looking for!!

I have just downloaded the free click tracks and started work on my list. I did my first full round of tapping on several issues  the night before last and I have to say the following day the results were profound. Less anxiety, mental chatter and sense of wellness and confidence. I am working on my own business and had to pitch to an angel today who was very forceful in his probing. At one point my 3 min pitch left me and there was a moment, just a moment of panic. But it didn't materialise as I shifted thread thread and went on with it recovering my pitch later in the meeting. Previously I know I would have buckled under the strain, wilted and stammered and lost the plot. Instead I was forthright, direct and addressed his comments and questions. With less waffle to boot…it got me a second meeting at the very least.

I was looking for a resource to outline how best to address the growing list of issues that I need to utilise the click tracks on. The list gets ever longer as I now get thoughts, emotions and images pop into my head. But now instead of dwelling on them unduly, I get out my phone make a note and update my list when I get home. I find it's also a good way to let go of the thought or feeling as I don't have to lock it inside. I know I will get to it when I am ready to deal with it. Feelings of controlling my emotions rather than my emotions ruling me!

I was wondering what is the best time to use the click tracks, before sleep, as I have been doing or at any time of day? You suggest one or two issues a day….I guess will have to curb my enthusiasm  ;D

Again thanks for a great post/thread. I enjoy the clarity that is expressed here.

Best to all,

Ony

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Ony,

You're always welcome!

I love you passion and your diligence… keep up the good work… er… play!  ;D

It's interesting that when we neutralize or remove the reasons why we are limited, then our unlimited (I call our True Self) to come forth more and more and “take over” our daily intentions… our actions then become more effortless while, at the same time, more effective… dare I say, perfect!

The best time to do PSTEC play depends upon you… you KNOW best, so merely listen and you will be aware of what you KNOW.

My comment about one or two issues a day is alluding to being kind to yourself… to taking it easy and not forcing, willing or pushing.

So, there may be times when you work on more than one or two a day because it's time to let them go.  Other days, just one.  Other days none.  Other times, just being aware and taking notes to be reviewed and worked on later.

Remember, time is not important, only Life… so follow Life as you not only do your PSTEC work, but as you feel the power of your True Self and express it out there!

Aloha!

Jeff

oz
        PSTEC User

Hello again
          So I started to make more use of the click tracks. It's been kind of hard to get momentum going, my list of things to clear up numbered around 200 items most of them really serious. Many of them could be expanded to multiple issues and many multiple memories. Here's 10 to give you an idea, I've left out most of the worst stuff.

I was 18 and thought potentially my whole life was ruined
          I lost my freedom
          I was dehumanised
          I was isolated
          I was a complete failure
          I hadn't had a single day of genuine happiness in my whole adult life(age 29)
          I felt panic
          I felt terror
          I felt like a stranger in my own home
          I didn't trust anyone

The list goes on and on, it's overwhelming. I wasn't able to really do it chronologically as it's hard to get the initiative to bring issues up. Plus different issues come to the fore everyday. So the way I've done it is whatever dark thoughts are on my mind, I'll just work on those. Initially it was very sporadic but the past couple of weeks I've started using them with more consistency.

Since I have so many issues my overall state is still very negative(which is a disincentive), but the click tracks do seem to help on each individual issue and I've now got a positive feedback loop in that every issue I've worked on has improved.

The last couple of times it has been very intense as I've really got in tune with my emotions. The emotions would increase during the click track, I'd tense up, start sobbing almost uncontrollably and feel a sharp pain in my head(like my brain is being overloaded/squeezed) but after a 1 or 2 run throughs it would dissipate. It felt reminiscent of the 'burn' after an intense workout, it felt a bit surreal, I felt a bit calm and relaxed, like my brain wanted to relax after the intense workout. That would last an hour or 2 which in itself is rewarding.

I had a couple of questions though. When running the click tracks how hard are you supposed to tap? When running anger related emotions I'd be banging my fingers against my thighs really hard. Should I do this to try to better keep in touch with the emotions or should I tap normally or even extra lightly to help send calming messages to my brain?

Also it can be harder to bring up the emotions deliberately, is it best to run the tracks when I am in an emotional state(which happens many hours everyday), or is it as effective to run them on tap?

The other thing is during the click tracks as I focus on my emotions I can get into a meditative state. Should I switch off my conscious mind and guide my sub so that it really tunes into the emotion or should I let my conscious mind try really hard to feel the emotion? With the former I sense a calmer but purer connection with the emotion, but with the latter my emotional state is more distressed during the click track…

Oh, and would it be a good idea to do a workout/meditate before running the click tracks to get into a more relaxed state?

Thanks

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Oz,

First, let's cover your questions…

When running the click tracks how hard are you supposed to tap?
            It does not matter how hard, just that there is movement when appropriate from the right hand, the left hand and both together.  The heaviness of the tapping will not improve nor detract from your results, well, unless you get more tired from the intensity.  One of the points about tapping is that when tapping with both hands, tap them rapidly.

Also it can be harder to bring up the emotions deliberately, is it best to run the tracks when I am in an emotional state(which happens many hours everyday), or is it as effective to run them on tap?
            I don't know what you mean by “or is it as effective to run them on tap?”  But, as far as the emotions, it's not important that you feel them; it's important that you try as hard as you can to feel them during the CT's… many people will feel them, but that is not important… again, it's only important to TRY REALLY HARD to feel the feelings.

during the click tracks as I focus on my emotions I can get into a meditative state. Should I switch off my conscious mind and guide my sub so that it really tunes into the emotion or should I let my conscious mind try really hard to feel the emotion? With the former I sense a calmer but purer connection with the emotion, but with the latter my emotional state is more distressed during the click track…
            Working with the PSTEC tools is not a zen, relaxing type of process.  When it's time to relax, use your meditation… when it's time to clear emotional issues with PSTEC, it's time to focus.  working with PSTEC takes concentration, hence the difficulty and special attention needed when working with small children.  When running the CT, you are using your conscious mind to focus on the memory/imagined event AND trying hard to feel the emotion/feeling while at the same time doing your best to keep up with the tapping to the clicks and tones. 

Do not try and add your own twist with Tim's Tools… he is very specific and literal with the instructions.  So, there is nothing about shutting off your conscious mind, in fact, there are several things for the conscious mind to do during the CT.

One additional note on your list of issues… for the most part, those are quite general… you want to find specific memories to focus on during the CT while you try hard to feel the feeling and in your list I see no memories, per se.  So, for example, when you say, “I was 18 and thought potentially my whole life was ruined”… when did this happen?  Was there a particular time and place and why did you think that and how do you feel about it?  You see, your statement is more a state of being or belief and the CT's are used only for emotional issues.

Does that make sense?

Last point…

If you are having trouble accessing the memories and “it's hard to get the initiative to bring issues up”; please consider getting a practitioner to help you through or at least get you past those tough points.

Aloha!

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.