Newbie User Hitting Plateau.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    SargeMaximus
    PSTEC User

Hi all!

So I started using PSTEC about a week or two ago (can't remember) and basically I'm using it for my emotional issues. So I've been focusing on EMOTIONS rather than thoughts, and it was going really well, but I find my progress has slowed.

I'm wondering, what is the correct way to tap? Should I focus on the feeling, the thought, or both? I HAVE tried tapping on both, but find that I get NO releases. No tears, no yawns, no feeling better. When I focus on the feeling itself, thoughts fly in and out of my head and I seem to get more releasing (lots of deep yawns, tears, relaxing muscles) yet, as I say, I seem to have hit a plateau in that my behavior doesn't change. I feel very confident yet am submissive even when I feel there's no need to be. Some of my previous emotions surrounding catering to people are also still prevalent.

Now recently, I tap and get VERY restless, like I want to get away. I uncontrollably move my legs and adjust my body uncomfortably, but I find that my issues remain.

Anyhow, I'm just looking for some clarity on how to go about this, if I just have to stay the course, then obviously I will, but I don't want to rule out the possibility that I'm doing this wrong (and yes, I AM working on my self-trust as well, lol).

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Sarge!!

You may be working on emotions but remaining too general and/or too scattered.  If thoughts, memories, etc. keep coming up, stop and jot them down until you exhaust them.  Then, take one and begin to CT it.  Then, when THAT specific item is 0-1, move onto the next one.  If you have a bit of a long list, do 1 or 2 a day and clear those and continue working through your list.  Manage what comes up more methodically and take control of the management of clearing and cleaning your mind.

There are 3 aspects to focus on while running the Free Basic Click Tracks or the EEF’s (the one’s you described using from Level 1):

• A memory or imagined event

Be specific… if your mind is wandering, take control and focus on one memory or imagined event at a time.  If you can't help the stream of memories or imagined events and thoughts, jot them down… exhaust them … then, pick one and start by running the CT and focusing on that one. When it's 0-1, move onto the next one, or maybe do 1 or 2 of those a day and work through it with ease.

• TRY HARD to feel the emotion or feeling.  This is very specific.  Tim does not say to feel the feeling, but TRY HARD to feel the feeling.  Big difference!

Keep on TRYING HARD throughout the track.  The feeling may keep trying to fade and you just keep TRYING HARD to feel it.

• Do your best to keep up with the tapping of your hands with the clicks and tones.

You don’t have to get it perfect, just TRY HARD to do your best.

• [/list]Throughout the tracks, you are not listening to Tim past the instructions… just the 3 aspects above and let Tim talk to your subconscious mind.

If you have statements that run through your head, such as, “I'm scared to meet new people” … notice that [as a conclusion… a definition… a belief.  So, once the emotions are down to 0-1, then [approach that belief that you are scared when meeting new people using PSTEC Positive and crafting [a desired thought, such as, “When I meet a new person I am calm and feel at ease”

So, the CT’s and EEF’s are for emotions, but PP is for beliefs and behaviors.

Aloha!
          Jeff

SargeMaximus
        PSTEC User

Hey Jeff, thanks for the reply. I'm still having some trouble, specifically with feelings. There are some feelings that seem to be seperate from any events at all. I try to think of what I coulkd think of, but the best I can describe one is like a clinging or trying to FORCE something to work. I really don't know how to be more specific with that one. The image I use is of trying to grab at air or hold on to water.

Also, Tim says in Click Track 1 “By event I mean either a MIX of events…” wouldn't that allow for the wandering mind?

I'm wondering because my feelings seem more solid and present than the thoughts do, so I'm wondering if there's a way to simply get rid of the feeling rather than the events.

Thanks!

Jeff Harding

Hey Sarge… a mix would be similar in theme, people involved, etc.  If you use events that are quite disjointed, unrelated or related in some quite obscure manner, then the subconscious will not connect the dots and it go on “deaf subconscious ears.”  :)

If it's a mix, look for the similar aspect because that's most likely one of or “the” trigger, i.e.: a look from someone, sound of their voice, a certain location, etc.

If your mind wanders, it's ok… if it “feels right” you can shift to that during the track.  But, once the track is done, note the new “visions” and also be sure to reassess the original event you were working on.  if the feelings are not down to 0-1 yet, CT each event separately and work them until they are down.

Oh, and don't settle for a 3 or a 4 or more… go for 0-1!  Be done!

“There are some feelings that seem to be seperate from any events at all.”

Suggestions:
            *That's ok… TRY HARD to feel that feeling… what do you think about that prompts that feeling?  It does not have to be a memory, but can be an imagined event.  Imagine feeling that way; what might you be doing?
            You see?

*In your post… what might you be forcing to work?
            Why are you forcing?

*You can also try, as you described, to be grabbing for air… do you feel that feeling?  Rate it, CT it… see what happens.  Maybe other specific memories or imagined events come up… if so, CT those.  Maybe it will just go down to 0-1 without further CT's.

*You can also try the “Why Technique” on this… feel the feeling and follow those directions … http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/why-technique

If you CT only emotions without linking it to a memory or imagined event, and you can do that, you may experience more pronounced reactions both emotionally and physically.  So, if you do this, be very, very aware of any memories or imagined events that come up, note them, CT them separately.

The subconscious provokes feelings for a reason… either memories or imagined events (of the past or future)… remember, they are there, you just have to provoke them to your consciousness.

Aloha!
            Jeff

SargeMaximus
            PSTEC User

Well, the feeling is the similar aspect, no?

Jeff Harding

No, I am referring to what the feeling or emotion is “attached” to or triggered by.

Remember, while you are doing your best to keep up with the tapping to the clicks and tones, there are 2 things to focus on:

1. TRY HARD to feel the feeling (you don't have to actually feel it, but just TRY HARD to feel it)
                and…
                2. An memory or imagined event.

My reference to a similar aspect had to do with the common aspect of a mix of memories that arise to your conscious mind.

Aloha!
                Jeff

PS If you find yourself confused and having a difficult time sorting and seeing what to target, invest in one or two, at least, sessions with a practitioner to help you get a “kick start” so to speak.
                My latest interview with Gary makes a great point of this…
                http://pstecaudiosource.org/3918/gary

SargeMaximus
                PSTEC User

Ok, well sometimes I have just a feeling. Like I'll experience something, and get “zoned-out” or really frustrated. I can't pin down what it's attached to, it's just a feeling. What do you do for that? Just try hard to feel it?

Jeff Harding

Your belief is that you only have a feeling, but there is something that invokes the feeling or, in other words, there is a reason you feel that way.

For example, as you just said, “… I'll experience something …”

What is it that you are experiencing?
                    Take that experience from that moment and focus on that recent experience, tap along as best you can and also TRY HARD to feel the feeling.

You see?

The event… the memory … the imagined event … that is your experience that you focus on.

Another helpful suggest is using PSTEC Positive to shift your belief that you can't recall any memory or imagined event.

Aloha!
                    Jeff

SargeMaximus
                    PSTEC User

Yeah, I think I see now. But it's often delayed, like I'll experience something and I'll be like “oh, ok” but then later on the effect of that event comes up. Are you saying I should focus on the event rather than the feeling? Because the feeling is NOT present during the event, only afterwards, when nothing abnormal is happening.

An example of this is I approached a girl one time and tried to get her number. She said no and I took it gracefully, fully intending to just keep going about my day. Then, after about a minute, I had intense crushing, I guess you could say a feeling of rejection, and decided to just go home, despite having errands I was in the middle of.

Situations like that where the actual situation caused me no stress, but only afterwards. How do you tap for that kind of thing?

Jeff Harding

“Are you saying I should focus on the event rather than the feeling?”

It's not one or the other… it's both.  Remember, while doing the best you can to keep up with the tapping to the clicks and tones, focus on TWO aspects:

1. A memory or imagined event
                        2. TRYING HARD to feel the feeling

“But it's often delayed, like I'll experience something and I'll be like “oh, ok” but then later on the effect of that event comes up… Because the feeling is NOT present during the event, only afterwards, when nothing abnormal is happening.”

What matters is that when you recall that experience, it's upsetting and, therefore, to find peace, you must let it go and the CT's will help you do just that.

“An example of this is I approached a girl one time and tried to get her number. She said no and I took it gracefully, fully intending to just keep going about my day.”

The reason why, quite often, is we justify the event despite our feelings.  You know, we “man up”… or … “get tough” … or whatever cliche you want to use.
                        But, if it is upsetting, there's no avoiding it… it will come up and take control of our mind in a sense.  So, it doesn't matter how you reacted at the moment of the memory.  It only matters how you feel now because “now” is the only time we have to work on it… to let it go… to clear it… and the sooner the better!

… otherwise, you live like this…

” Then, after about a minute, I had intense crushing, I guess you could say a feeling of rejection, and decided to just go home, despite having errands I was in the middle of.”

“Situations like that where the actual situation caused me no stress, but only afterwards. How do you tap for that kind of thing?”

Ah, but the situation DID cause you stress and continues to wreck havoc on your life.

Don't over think this.

If you recall an experience… a memory… or something you imagine from the future or the past … and it's not J.E.E.P. … clear it!  Be done with it!

Malama Pono!
                        Jeff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 42 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.