Newbie User Hitting Plateau.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Sarge… what I mean can be illustrated in the PSTEC Interview I did with Meghan here … http://pstecaudiosource.org/602/pstec-interview-meghan-saunders
      here she shifted her belief about who and what she is and, in fact, then experienced people seeing her just how she she's herself.  Did everyone agree with her inner beliefs?  No, but those that did were brought to her attention by her subconscious.  Listen to that interview, although the subject is social anxiety, it's still a great illustration!

regarding PSTEC Negative, do you have to see the words getting scrambled

Just imagine it… it's not required to visualize, but IMAGINE IT.  Check the board on this forum about using PSTEC Negative… there are some discussions around that already.

I'm not good enough”…How do you counter such a thing without feeding back into the problem

First, be sure to structure the negative belief properly, as in:

“It is my belief that I'm not good enough”

Now, counter examples…

Are you not good enough at EVERYTHING?
      Does EVERYONE believe you are not good enough?
      What are you good at doing?
      Have ALL of your family and friends; past and present; said you are not good enough ALL of the time … or has someone said you are good in some way?

You see?

Our mind takes single incidents or even a series and suddenly defines EVERYTHING that way… it's simpler usually … so, find experiences, what you were told, etc. that counters it.

When I work with someone, I can always find exceptions to even the seemingly most “true” negative belief.

You may have to work with someone to help you with this because when we are immersed in a negative belief, quite often, we have difficulty seeing the forest for the trees.

Know this…

That negative belief is only a small, teeny, tiny aspect of the Truth of who you are, but it's been blown up into something grander… and there is the lie … the error in thinking… that is ripe for plucking!  :D

Make sense?

Aloha nui!
      Jeff

PS Rule of Thumb when it comes to negative beliefs … They are all errors in thinking… they are all lies perpetuated by the current, limited mind model… keep that Truth in the back of your mind.

SargeMaximus
      PSTEC User

Totally makes sense now. I suppose even the fact that no one has ever told me I'm not good enough could be a counter in it's own right.

Jeff Harding

Hey Sarge… sure, also, for example…

No one has ever complained about my ___________
          I have never received any criticism from anyone else.
          I get very few complaints and I get my work done on time.
          No one has ever fired me for lack of performance so I must have been good enough.

Of course, the statements must apply, but, you see, you can ALWAYS find reasons why a negative belief is not true.

Traumas tend to get us to see ONLY the trauma… only the painful … even to the extent where we forget the positive and pleasant.  Reminds me of a person I was working with that had some very heavy trauma as a child and had the belief that NO ONE ever loved or cared for her (some terrible abuse from her parents, step parent, etc.).  But, when we gently delved, turned out there was a lovely lady next door and her daughter, who had her over quite often, probably knew something was amiss, and cared for her… showed her love and compassion.  This was more apparent after doing a few CT's and when peace entered her consciousness.  So, she was able to counter that belief easily.

So, don't be quick to make absolute, negative statements… or to “buy into” them.

Malama Pono!
          Jeff

SargeMaximus
          PSTEC User

Hey Sarge… sure, also, for example…

No one has ever complained about my ___________
            I have never received any criticism from anyone else.
            I get very few complaints and I get my work done on time.
            No one has ever fired me for lack of performance so I must have been good enough.

Of course, the statements must apply, but, you see, you can ALWAYS find reasons why a negative belief is not true.

Traumas tend to get us to see ONLY the trauma… only the painful … even to the extent where we forget the positive and pleasant.  Reminds me of a person I was working with that had some very heavy trauma as a child and had the belief that NO ONE ever loved or cared for her (some terrible abuse from her parents, step parent, etc.).  But, when we gently delved, turned out there was a lovely lady next door and her daughter, who had her over quite often, probably knew something was amiss, and cared for her… showed her love and compassion.  This was more apparent after doing a few CT's and when peace entered her consciousness.  So, she was able to counter that belief easily.

So, don't be quick to make absolute, negative statements… or to “buy into” them.

Malama Pono!
            Jeff

Ok, now, what about specific situations/instances? As I've mentioned I've been approaching women and a lot of my lack of success was fear of failure (which I've dealt with I think, using the negative CT), yet, the belief that I'm not good enough is there in THAT department too, and since I've never done this kinda thing before, there are absolutely no counter examples in this 'field'. What do I do there?

Another one I'm working on is getting my finances in order and I want to build some wealth. I've never done THAT before, either, and the same thing. How can I counter statement on stuff I've got no experience in?

Thanks.

Jeff Harding

Hey Sarge… it does not have to be your personal experience, but just a thoughts that makes sense.  Keep in  mind that the counter examples “prime the pump” and are not meant to be conclusive and make the change in and of themselves.

Let's take meeting women that are beautiful … let's say you think you are not “good looking enough” or “rich enough” or “______ enough” … whatever it might be that your mind came to conclusion in error.  Find an example in the world… yes, there are exceptions to every absolute rule that we buy into … so, let's say you think you are not good looking enough to be with a beautiful woman… ok, just look at certain celebreties or, even better yet, just go to a public place and see that negative belief shattered time after time after time.  Same can be said about ANY negative belief… find the “myth buster.”

It's just like allowing wealth and abundance … people make excuses and claim a myriad of reasons and none are true … such as: I don't have enough education, not enough capital, not enough experience … on and on … for each myth, there are tons of examples to practically destroy the myth; but, all you need is one example to begin to prime the pump to erase that false belief… that myth.

Keep it in mind: “If _________ can do it/have it so can I!”

Remember too .. the statement that begins with, “No one has done that before… or … I have not done that before; and, therefore, I can't  … those are claims … false claims … of the current mind model that will stay where it is no matter what… at least until you question it intelligently.

Malama Pono!
              Jeff

PS Again, if you feel you can't find counter examples, having someone help is well worth the investment.  Sometimes we are just too close to the issue to help ourselves… we can't get out of our own way.  You're worth the investment!

SargeMaximus
              PSTEC User

Of course! Counter examples in the outside world. Can't believe I didn't think of that, thanks.

As for having a practitioner, would be great I'm sure, but I don't have the money atm. I know, what kind of person am I for not spending money on myself? lol. But I've gotten some good results thus far, and your help has been tremendous.

I'll let you know if I need any more help but I think we've covered a lot of the bases recently.

Regards:

– SargeMaximus

SargeMaximus
                PSTEC User

Hey all! So I'm back again with more questions.

1. Recently been noticing that PSTECing on an emotion is not very beneficial, and much like treating the symptom rather than the cause. How do I find the cause? Because when I treat the symptom, while it may provide temporary relief, the same issue comes up and I experience the emotions all over again. It's like being stuck on a hamster wheel.

2. With PSTEC Negative: How do you find counter examples on things that are self-believed/actualized? So let's say the belief “I need to know what to do before I take action”. Now, I know it's too long, but suspending that fact for a moment, how do you deal with such beliefs? There certainly aren't a lot of examples in the real world where people just wing themselves into success, even if there were, is it perhaps better to focus on learning what you don't know?

I'm thinking this is a perfectionist thing, but it comes up with other beliefs as well, where there are no counter examples because it is a standard I hold MYSELF to.

3. PSTEC Positive: How do you install new beliefs?

EDIT: 4. How do you CT on hatred/aversions? One of the things I hate are expectations people have of me, but I have no examples it's just a feeling. Like I'll be somewhere and I feel like I'm expected to do something so it makes me mad. Any advice?

Also, just got the “How to Achieve Almost Anything – The Easy Way”, is that going to help me master PSTEC or is there anything else I need? At this point, I think the only way for me to really help myself in this area is to know this stuff as well as a PSTEC Practitioner would. True mastery, so to speak.

Thanks!

Jeff Harding

Hey Sarge…

Ok, your first statement is not true so it sends you off on a wild goose chase…

“1. Recently been noticing that PSTECing on an emotion is not very beneficial, and much like treating the symptom rather than the cause. “

Many times, an emotional experience can be the source or contribute as a part of the source of an issue.  There are 3 aspects that can contribute and it can be one of them or any combination of 2 or 3 of them: emotions, beliefs, behaviors.

Now, if you are ONLY using the CT on an emotion and not along with a memory or imagined event, then, yes, that may be a symptomatic approach, but sometimes that is all someone has to go on, so if NO memories or imagined events come up, then starting with only the emotion is ok as long as the person is VERY aware of what comes up and, invariably, a memory will come up so then you CT the memory while TRYING HARD to feel the feeling.

Don't suspend any facts… keep to the instructions from Tim…

the belief “I need to know what to do before I take action”. Now, I know it's too long, but suspending that fact for a moment, how do you deal with such beliefs? “

Being that it is long means (be sure to review the Guide for PSTEC Negative) that it's probably not a core belief and that's why it's important not to “suspend that fact.”  There is probably a more core belief here so look for that.  Most “leaves or branches” of beliefs (be sure to consult the Guide on PSTEC Negative to find out what that means) are more difficult to find counter examples, but not always.  Core beliefs are usually a bit easier to find counter examples.  My main point being to be careful and aware and  not to just plowing through what comes to mind.  Take your time and when something comes up, be sure to consult what you know about PSTEC or if you aren't sure, consult the instructions or your notes you take when listening to Tim's instructions… yep, take notes!!!  ;)

But, on counter examples if you struggle on that, consider the opposite of the negative belief.  Let's say you think “I am stupid” … ok, the opposite is “I am smart.”  Now, recall in your life when you exhibited a moment when you were smart and, yes, you know you can!!  You see, core beliefs are quite general and, being general, cannot apply to ALL behavior… no one is that consistent. 

Make sense?

The alternative is to chat with a practitioner who can help come up with counter examples.

“I'm thinking this is a perfectionist thing, but it comes up with other beliefs as well, where there are no counter examples because it is a standard I hold MYSELF to.”

Hey, no one is perfect.  ;D  Actually, the issue here is you are “thinking too much.”  You are trying to use the current mind model that has you stuck to get you unstuck and it won't be much help.  You either need to “pull yourself out” from your mind model and be more of an observer (not an analyst) and just CT what is unpleasant, erase ANY belief that is limiting and suggest unlimited beliefs.

“3. PSTEC Positive: How do you install new beliefs?”
                    Follow the instructions on PSTEC Positive to install new beliefs… that's its purpose.

“4. How do you CT on hatred/aversions? One of the things I hate are expectations people have of me, but I have no examples it's just a feeling. Like I'll be somewhere and I feel like I'm expected to do something so it makes me mad. Any advice?”
                    If you have no memories, just use an imagined event… imagine someone expecting something of you and TRY HARD to feel the hatred.  if memories come up, be aware, note them, CT them as well.

“”How to Achieve Almost Anything – The Easy Way”, is that going to help me master PSTEC or is there anything else I need? At this point, I think the only way for me to really help myself in this area is to know this stuff as well as a PSTEC Practitioner would. True mastery, so to speak.

Here a summary I  put together …
                    http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/the-pstec-curriculum-how-do-i-figure-out-what-i-need/

Ah, a worthy aspiration because, in Truth, aren't we our own therapists?  Isn't this about becoming more Self Aware… exploring our own minds and seeing how we can find our Highest Ideals and applying them… manifesting them … here in the physical.
                    I don't know… sounds good to me!  ;D

Malama Pono!
                    Jeff

avesraggiana
                    PSTEC User

Hi, Sarge.

If you are so inclined, one or two phone/Skype sessions with Jeff is worth a thousand message exchanges.  Working with Jeff helped me tremendously.  I'm certain working with him will be helpful to you too.

Regards,

Arnel.

SargeMaximus
                      PSTEC User

I'm afraid I'm back with more plateau stuff.

Recently I've found that while the relief from external issues is instantaneous, it only lasts so long before people seem to “figure it out”, and hone in on my weaknesses, trigger them, and I'm back to square one.

Example is at work I've been working on my perfectionism. Part of it is the feeling of letting people down, not being worth anything, stuff like that. Anyhow I CT on my feelings of inadequacy, need to be perfect, and the aversion to people pointing out my mistakes.

I then go along for a few hours in a day with making no mistakes at all. Then I make a few (which happens) and people point it out and I don't react the same way. It's like I'm free! But then, the reactions to my mistakes get stronger. Instead of just being ticked off or angry, people begin yelling. I ct my feelings that come up, next day, make some mistakes, people begin THROWING things because of it. It's like it escalates. Why would this be? Am I not hitting the problem directly or is this normal?

If it's normal, I'm not sure I want to continue for fear of more extreme stuff happening.

This phenomenon happens in ALL areas I CT in. The initial relief and change is instantaneous, but then, as if by some kind of guided-missile system, I am “found out” by the forces that be (people's intuition, my own subconscious, or other things seemingly out of my control) and triggered even harder than before.

Not only are the external reactions more and more extreme, but so are my emotional reactions to them. Instead of just being afraid or self critical as in the case of my perfectionism, I begin feeling guilt and shame. I even approached burn out just recently which has never happened to me before!

This is by far the biggest obstacle I've encountered aside from not knowing what to target. It's like there's a universal conspiracy to keep me in some area which I assume is subconscious, but the external factors are puzzling as well.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 42 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.