Newbie User Hitting Plateau.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    avesraggiana
    PSTEC User

Excellent post, Jeff.  Very descriptive and informative.

If I’ve got you correctly, the material point is to deal with the negative feelings surrounding the event, whether you experience them in the moment or later.  The point is, whether now or later, you feel bad.  PSTEC on that and use the event that has already happened as your initial trigger for doing the PSTEC. 

Thank you so much.

Arnel

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Yes, it can be considered a “trigger” or also an “association” where your mind takes an experience, let's say being bullied, and uses that experience as “proof” that you ought to feel bad… not only about the past, but also the present and future.

The subconscious links things up and the PSTEC Click Tracks, when it comes to emotions, will deconstruct that “linked association” so that you have less and less reasons to feel bad.  This is a shift in perception and is what you need… change your mind, change your perception … to change your Life experience.

So, when you CT a memory or an imagined event… that event becomes 'just something that happened' instead of something that defines you and your life.

You see?

As you CT more and more of the poignant events that helped shape your perception and shape who and what you “think” you are, then your mind model shifts… like I said, you are deconstructing this mind model so you can shift your perception.

You're always welcome … Aloha!
        Jeff

SargeMaximus
        PSTEC User

Thank you for the clarifications.

I've been PSTECing everyday (even on break while at work) and am seeing some great results, yet I'm also hitting new blocks, and am unsure how to proceed.

Recently, I heard that you're not supposed to use negative self-talk while doing the CT. Why is that? I've been using negative self-talk to remind me of negative feelings/events or keep me focused on them for the last week or so, and I'm worried I might be hindering my progress.

Also, recently I'm becoming more and more aware of a prominent ache/pain in my chest. I've actually gone to the doctor and it's nothing to be concerned with, but it honestly feels like an emotion or trapped pain. Is there a way to tap that specific pain free? I don't know the cause, it's just always there.

Another thing I'd love to understand is what to do in situations where tapping causes “mind-spinning”. Basically, the other day while tapping, I suddenly got dizzy and felt like I was spinning in my bed as I tapped. I finished the CT but dared no go further for fear I might be harming myself in some way.

Anyhow, that's all I can remember for now. I've got a list of stuff in my head but it's not coming to mind atm.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff Harding

Hey Sarge…

“Recently, I heard that you're not supposed to use negative self-talk while doing the CT. Why is that? I've been using negative self-talk to remind me of negative feelings/events or keep me focused on them for the last week or so, and I'm worried I might be hindering my progress.”

Don't worry about the “why”; but realize it flies in the face of Tim's instructions and if there is one certainty in life, Tim is literal and there is always a reason to follow his instructions to a “T.”

Also, usually, self talk represents beliefs and the ideal tool for beliefs is PSTEC Positive.

***IMPORTANT***
            So, please DO NOT repeat sentences as other modalities do… this is not the effective and can be counter-effective!

“feels like an emotion or trapped pain. Is there a way to tap that specific pain free? “

A great place to begin would be to imagine the pain in your chest … how do you feel about that pain?  Take that emotion/feeling, rate it … then, as you run the CT, imagine that pain and TRY HARD to feel the feeling associate with it.

Another suggestion to help let the answer… the cause behind it … come to your consciousness … is to use the Accelerators on this because they help the subconscious aspects to come to the surface.

Also, you could use the “Why Technique” with this… this is actually the ONE exception to the rule about about repeating phrases, although it's not really a phrase, but a word.  But, this is the ONLY exception…
            http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/why-technique/

“Another thing I'd love to understand is what to do in situations where tapping causes “mind-spinning”. Basically, the other day while tapping, I suddenly got dizzy and felt like I was spinning in my bed as I tapped. I finished the CT but dared no go further for fear I might be harming myself in some way. “

I cannot comment on the cause of the spinning because it appears to be a physical reaction and if you have a physical reaction, it's best to check with your doctor and also to be sure to review the PSTEC Terms of Use.

With that said…

If you have a fear of running a PSTEC CT or any PSTEC Tool, treat it like an imagined future event.  Imagine running the CT and see what feelings come up… rate them.  Then, take that imagined event of running the CT… imagine in your mind that you are running the CT with headphones or whatever device you use and TRY HARD to feel that fear until it's down to 0-1 and then if all seems well, proceed with your PSTEC work.

The CT's will not harm you (again, consult with your physician if you feel there is danger and, of course, follow his/her advice).  There are no reported physical or mental dangers with using PSTEC.  By and large, the biggest problem you may have is that you don't get the results you desire.  But, you know, when people come to me, Tim or other experiences practitioners, the usual issue with “non results” is that the PSTEC Tools are not being used properly.

Aloha!
            Jeff

SargeMaximus
            PSTEC User

Thanks again for the reply! Those things worked great. Chest pain is still there but greatly minimized; I'm still working on it.

Anyhow, I found some more questions for you!

– Does PSTEC eliminate emotions FOREVER, or just reset them? For example, let's say I CT on a behavior someone does that annoys me or even hurts me. Will the emotion disappear forever, or will it eventually come back again in the same situation? (I've noticed that CTing on a person's behavior somehow usually ELIMINATES the behavior from that person entirely, but if I'm in the same kind of situation (let's say bullying) with a different person, will the emotion come back again?)

I'm wondering if I should focus on the behaviors of people at all, or if I should just work on my own beliefs.

– How would you suggest I word something like “responsibility” or “trust”. I've realized that I have issues with both, but I don't know how to trust someone, nor do I know what it means to take responsibility (I have an idea, but it's hit and miss, to the dismay of people around me lol) Anyhow, Can I do the CT Negative like this:

“I currently believe that i can't trust myself/others” or is that wrong?

If it's the wrong form, how would you correct it?

Thanks again!

SargeMaximus
              PSTEC User

Oh, another question i had was about the PSTEC positive statements. Do they have to be a certain length like the PSTEC Negatives? Or can they be any length?

One I did recently was only three words long.

Thanks!

requin
                PSTEC User

Shorter is better because the subconscious likes short to the point statements.

Think of core beliefs–i.e., “I am worthless”  “I am confident”, etc.

So your positive statement should be set up like that. 

SargeMaximus
                  PSTEC User

Have some new questions, though I'm still waiting on a reply for this:

“- Does PSTEC eliminate emotions FOREVER, or just reset them? For example, let's say I CT on a behavior someone does that annoys me or even hurts me. Will the emotion disappear forever, or will it eventually come back again in the same situation? (I've noticed that CTing on a person's behavior somehow usually ELIMINATES the behavior from that person entirely, but if I'm in the same kind of situation (let's say bullying) with a different person, will the emotion come back again?)

I'm wondering if I should focus on the behaviors of people at all, or if I should just work on my own beliefs.

– How would you suggest I word something like “responsibility” or “trust”. I've realized that I have issues with both, but I don't know how to trust someone, nor do I know what it means to take responsibility (I have an idea, but it's hit and miss, to the dismay of people around me lol) Anyhow, Can I do the CT Negative like this:

If it's the wrong form, how would you correct it?”

and this:

“PSTEC positive statements. Do they have to be a certain length like the PSTEC Negatives? Or can they be any length?”

My new question regards PSTEC Negative.

I'm currently working on some of the lefkoe beliefs. One of which is “Mistakes and failure are bad”. Now, the issue I'm having is coming up with counter statements. How do you counter morally-charged statements?

The current way I've done it is like so:

Negative statement: “It is my belief that mistakes and failure are bad”

Counter statements:

– I have learned from mistakes in the past
                    – Taking risks help me grow
                    – Mistakes and failure are only bad if I know better but make a mistake or fail anyways

Thanks.

Jeff Harding

Hi Sarge…

Does PSTEC eliminate emotions FOREVER, or just reset them?

It depends because emotions are not just affected by the memory or triggers, but also by beliefs and ultimately by the “weight” the subconscious applies to each aspect.  So, if a belief has a very “heavy” weight, such as “When people get mad at me, I get nervous”… you can CT memories and sometimes the belief will shift, but if it's a “strong” belief, then the belief may remain and perpetuate the emotion under certain circumstances.  Hence, the power of PSTEC Negative in erasing negative beliefs.

Well, you work on your beliefs regarding other people's behaviors and that will give you the most power.  Or, said another way, you have a certain vision of what and who you are and you can garner a belief that other people recognize the characteristics of the vision of yourself and the subconscious will search out people in the world that agree with that belief.  Make sense?

If it's the wrong form, how would you correct it?”
                      also
                      “PSTEC positive statements.
                      Do they have to be a certain length like the PSTEC Negatives? Or can they be any length?”

Not a bad start, but keep the belief statements for both PN and PP short and, more importantly, to one thought.

So, in your sentence, you have two thoughts … about trusting yourself and also trusting others.

Also, be sure to review Tim's instructions about the wording, i.e.:

“It is my belief that I can't trust myself”
                      “It is my belief that I can't trust other people”

My new question regards PSTEC Negative.
                      I'm currently working on some of the lefkoe beliefs. One of which is “Mistakes and failure are bad”. Now, the issue I'm having is coming up with counter statements. How do you counter morally-charged statements?
                      The current way I've done it is like so:
                      Negative statement: “It is my belief that mistakes and failure are bad”
                      Counter statements:
                      – I have learned from mistakes in the past
                      – Taking risks help me grow
                      – Mistakes and failure are only bad if I know better but make a mistake or fail anyways

Your moving in the right direction… the negative belief to address with PN is good … the counter statements make sense for that except the last one.  You ask about “morally charged” statements and that last counter statement is still maintaining, it appears, your learned morals.  Morals are rules or definitions from others as are pretty much most of our beliefs.  It's up to you if you want to shift those from your mind model to allow the development of a different mind model.

So, “Mistakes and failure are only bad if I know better but make a mistake or fail anyways”… this one, to me, is a bit confusing.  Keep it simple and, like I said, the first two support the erasing of that negative belief … the third one, not so much.

If you don't mind… here's one that can be very powerful…

There are no failures, only results

The more I experiment in my life the more I learn

I am always learning from the results in my life because I am aware and conscious of All

Nice, yah?
                      I like that last one!

And… those counters make some good PSTEC Positive Statements as well!!

There you go… carry on, my good man, get more results … put yourself out there and you just might surprise and amaze yourself!

Malama Pono!
                      Jeff

SargeMaximus
                      PSTEC User

Wow, those statements you suggested are great, thanks. One thing confuses me though, and that's this:

Well, you work on your beliefs regarding other people's behaviors and that will give you the most power.  Or, said another way, you have a certain vision of what and who you are and you can garner a belief that other people recognize the characteristics of the vision of yourself and the subconscious will search out people in the world that agree with that belief.  Make sense?

I don't know what you're saying here at all. Can you clarify? Thanks!

EDIT: Oh and regarding PSTEC Negative, do you have to see the words getting scrambled or just feel like you're mixing the sentence up? It's hard for me to visualize and I usually just “feel” like I'm mixing the letters around as if they were scrabble pieces or something.

EDIT 2: I'm currently doing the belief “I'm not good enough”. Again, this is a vague/morally charged statement. How do you counter such a thing without feeding back into the problem? The very idea that “I'm not good enough” is based on the fact that other people choose, so even if I counter with something like “I'm good enough if I choose to be” it seems like it won't take hold.

Any suggestions for how to effectively counter statements? Any rules of thumb I can follow? Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 42 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.