Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Negative: The Belief Eraser Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

Hi plus1g,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but would you be comfortable sharing the other process you used for eliminating beliefs?

I used psych-k to remove some beliefs in a few sessions as well as their core belief balance. This made a big difference within a week or two.

I also used a new process called “Stress Busters” that is energy psychology based called Release and Replace – Invented by Energy Psychology practitioner and trainer Linda Davidson, it builds on the advanced EFT-based protocol Matrix Reimprinting developed by Karl Dawson. This helped me a lot with general stress and being a parent. But of course it was limited only to the 14 beliefs in their catalog.

I wanted to expand more on removing core beliefs and knew I needed to address the negative and the positive – I was looking into EFT tapping – didn't fit the bill, then stumbled across PSTEC. I really dove into researching it and understanding it before I started. The clicking on the emotions is what really pulled me in. I had a full session with Jeff to get me headed in the right direction and here I am.

I agree that this can be done daily in some aspect and I am moving full steam ahead. I can't begin to imagine where I will be next week. Very exciting!

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Update – Day 10:

I am definitely at some psychological and emotional “tipping point” – I have a lot of emotions coming in and out of me for various things but they are very slight. It's like an emotional potion is wearing off.

When I was with my three daughters this weekend, I felt as if all of the frustration and internal friction that I had before has been completely ripped out of me and it's almost as if I am looking for it when I am interacting with them and also with some other people – it's strange that it's not there, clearly it's missing. It's like there is a little bit left in there that wants to come out but it's not able to fully energize and come out of me. In fact, last night I had one or two moments of frustration with two of my daughters and voiced my opinion and thought…hmmm where is all the frustration energy and emotion I normally need right now” I can't call it up, I'm only running at 10% power, if that. Not that I wanted it to come up, it was just different not feeling it.

As of the last two days I have emotions that will pop in and dissipate very quickly or I can consciously shift it to a positive far faster than I ever could before, almost immediately. Before I could consciously shift it but the emotion would linger for a bit, now it leaves with the thought almost immediately. I have been wanting to click track on some of the emotions but they leave so quickly I can't recreate it in time and/or they are unable to grow strong enough. Seems like things are shuffling around in my subconscious and it's not that I am emotionally unstable by any means, it's just that I get these different pulses of emotions that quickly come and go just for a few seconds then leave.

This morning I had a light bout of some sadness after I took my daughters to school so I came home and clicked that away. I focused on all of my daughters and the following sequences in this order:

2015 wrapper track 1x
        Four runs – 2015 Tapping Track – Short @ 7 min each
        Did not run the accelerator

====================
        Now as I type this I am getting some frustration that I am associating with some recent events with my wife so I am going to go click.

I notice that when I do get emotions on the fly I am able to very easily isolate them shift them back into something good. I have very good control over changing them.

I will also comment that my level of awareness is now extremely high. I can speak to someone on the phone and listen to the entire conversation and the amount of negativity in the conversation is very clear to me, yet to them it's normal and they don't even see it. It's as if I am the complete contrast to them with the difference being I am aware of my thoughts and feelings. I am creating them and they are just letting theirs happen to them without any conscious thought about the level of negativity they project.

Also, when I talk to lots of people I can see the negativity, anger, fear etc in them as clear as day and feel the associated energy. It's as if you can see it on their face and feel it as they approach you before they even say a word.

Tonight: More internal work – I begin clicking PSTEC Negative on the negative beliefs. I will post them here shortly. Can't wait!

One question:
        – On the counter pump priming statements, do we have to write those on a piece of paper and read from the paper? or can we read it aloud from a computer screen? I have all of my work in a spreadsheet and it would definitely save me steps.

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Day 10 – Negative Belief Elimination Process Day 1:

I just finished up my first belief “There is something wrong with me”

3 Runs of PSTEC Negative in a row

Halfway through the second run I thought about some recent events that are going on in my life. To the average person these would in no way be deemed normal. As I was thinning about these events before i caught myself off focus I was smile/ half laughing at them and my eyes were watering as I was thinking about them. I was able to refocus but I pretty much smiled and had eyes watering throughout the rest of the second track and the third one. I am even smiling as I type this. I can't even really recall the phrase I was working on unless I try to focus hard on what it was. It's like someone hit me so hard it knocked it out of my mind.

I guess this means it's been erased? :)

Here is the first round of beliefs I am removing and their replacing positive statement:

There is something wrong with me – Replaced with: 4x – I am perfect the way I am
          People are judging me– Replaced with: 4x – No one is judging me
          I'm not good enough– Replaced with: 4x – I am good enough
          I’m lazy– Replaced with: 4x –  I am a dynamo of positive energy and success
          I’m worthless
          I am a failure
          I am disorganized – Replaced with: 4x – I am organized
          I am dumb
          I am stupid
          I’m a procrastinator – Replaced with: 4x –  I am a dynamo of positive energy and success
          I am different
          I'm not worthy
          I am a fraud
          I am a fake
          I am a loser
          I am not loved – Replaced with: 4x – I am loved
          I'm not important

Technical question: In my positive statement is it more powerful for me to use “I am perfect the way I am” or “I feel I am perfect the way I am”

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

You seem to be making amazing progress, Plus1g.

In terms of the wording of belief, I would contend that each belief or word will hold different meanings for each of us. So, I would suggest you consider how you hold “There's somethinh wrong with me.”  In what ways has this belief affected you?

A lot of people will have formed this belief in early childhood and would have been used as an explanation for being bullied, criticised, feeling bad  or not having a lot of friends. Others may hold it in such a way that it explains how they are different from the “cultural norm” – looking different, having different beliefs or lifestyle choices and being criticised for these.

The logical opposite is “there's nothing wrong with me”, but use a phrase that fits best for you based on your desires of how you wish to feel and act.

I would think that *feeling* that you are perfect the way you are is a consequence of positive emotions, as well as eliminating negative beliefs and conditionings. Best way to know for sure is to say each variation of the belief out loud and see which holds most emotional resonance…or just feels better.

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

You seem to be making amazing progress, Plus1g.

In terms of the wording of belief, I would contend that each belief or word will hold different meanings for each of us. So, I would suggest you consider how you hold “There's something wrong with me.”  In what ways has this belief affected you?

A lot of people will have formed this belief in early childhood and would have been used as an explanation for being bullied, criticised, feeling bad  or not having a lot of friends. Others may hold it in such a way that it explains how they are different from the “cultural norm” – looking different, having different beliefs or lifestyle choices and being criticised for these.

I have consciously thought “there is something wrong with me” a lot in life. It was assumed I have ADHD but I don't know if that is necessarily true – maybe, maybe not –  but you can imagine the psychological effects and beliefs of a child who was raised in the 70s-80s when “ADHD like behavior” was not the norm in life compared to the “average” kid.

The logical opposite is “there's nothing wrong with me”, but use a phrase that fits best for you based on your desires of how you wish to feel and act.

I steered away from this opposite because it had the word “nothing” in it of which I was under the impression you should not use negative words in a positive belief. Maybe the word nothing isn't considered a negative and if not, I will program this in as well!

Thank you again for your help.

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

Update – Day 11 – Negative Belief Elimination Process Day 2:

Today I was on my walk I was thinking about the next three beliefs I am going after:

People are judging me
                I’m a procrastinator
                I am disorganized

Interesting perception as I thought about these – and after eliminating “There's something wrong with me” last night I thought very clearly out of nowhere….hmmmmm procrastination…by what benchmark, what measurement. If I just move at my own pace and look at the definition of procrastination – I am only operating under the belief that I have set procrastination and even further, disorganization for myself – these are definitions and beliefs but there is not finitely defined measurement of one being a procrastinator or disorganized other than the belief that is programmed in me or by someone who has said it to me based on what their imaginary definition or measurement might be.

I have never thought about these two topics like this before and it made me think to all of the work I have done here so far…and also erasing the “Something is wrong with me” belief and adding the positive “I am perfect the way I am” last night. I had a completely different perspective on these today.

More to come tonight after I work on today's beliefs.

Update: ! was only able to get “I am disorganized with a counter of “I am organized completed today. I am on track to have these all cleared and reloaded by Sunday night as it;s a holiday weekend here and i have extra time on my hands. Solitude makes for great PSTEC work.

Paul McCabe
                PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi plus1g,

This might be me being pernickety, but “people are judging me” seems to slot more into what I call “statements of reality” in the sense that people are judging us all the time. Is it the judging you fear or is it harsh judgment/criticism that you fear? If it's a positive assessment, do you feel fear or discomfort?

In this case, it might be useful to get especially clear on the distinction. Are there any events that crop up when you think people are judging you (harshly)? Is it in certain people, certain facial expressions or scenarios where this is most pronounced? If so, you could explore these and click track each emotion as you run through the memories.

The amazing thing with this work is that you can live in a world where people judge you, and be absolutely ok with that and more than ok with yourself. The emotions are most likely coming from the meaning you are giving certain expressions, comments or scenarios. Once you dissolve those? Magic.

I can relate to your experience of “there's something wrong with me”; I had a lot of ailments when I was younger and that was my conclusion. However, you can logically reframe this (e.g. priming the pump) with other interpretations “there was something wrong with my health then, but there was and is nothing inherently wrong with me as a person.” You could also be cute about it: “there is something wrong with the way my condition was treated back then.”

I can see that you are already getting big shifts in how you perceive things. After toppling some big beliefs and working on the heavy emotions, you naturally go easier on yourself and lighten up more and more. You see things as less of a big deal. Whereas before a mistake might have elicited heavy “failure” feelings, you start to see things more for what they are and not a huge indictment of your inherent worth.

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
                  PSTEC User

I can see that you are already getting big shifts in how you perceive things. After toppling some big beliefs and working on the heavy emotions, you naturally go easier on yourself and lighten up more and more. You see things as less of a big deal. Whereas before a mistake might have elicited heavy “failure” feelings, you start to see things more for what they are and not a huge indictment of your inherent worth.

Well stated. This is what I am experiencing and it gets better with every day.

In this case, it might be useful to get especially clear on the distinction. Are there any events that crop up when you think people are judging you (harshly)? Is it in certain people, certain facial expressions or scenarios where this is most pronounced? If so, you could explore these and click track each emotion as you run through the memories.

The amazing thing with this work is that you can live in a world where people judge you, and be absolutely ok with that and more than ok with yourself. The emotions are most likely coming from the meaning you are giving certain expressions, comments or scenarios. Once you dissolve those? Magic.

I did do this last week and it helped immensely the next time I was around a big group of people. I will say I am getting to a point of stability where my emotions are quite stable – I can think of instances to click but creating, even finding the emotion on many of them is not as strong as it used to be, as the emotions have dissipated overall within me.

Peter Bunyan
                    PSTEC User

Hi plus1

Re technical question reply#33

“Technical question: In my positive statement is it more powerful for me to use “I am perfect the way I am” or “I feel I am perfect the way I am”

IMO if you can believe an absolute statement like “I am perfect” you would not need to do anything else. Perfection is unlikely to be acheived, so something more like “I'm OK the way I am” or “I am good the way I am” is more likely to be accepted by your subconcious. The shorter, simpler the statement the better.

Although you are working opposites PSTEC Negative and then PSTEC Positive the statements do not have to be logically opposite. Your subconcious is not logical it does not understand it. Opposing feelings need not be literally described as such.

Other symptoms that sometimes go along with ADHD are poor recognition of non verbal communication signals and  being very literal, taking everything at face value. This can lead to sufferers being  noticed as different by their peers and mistakes in communication with them happening,  misunderstandings.  Did you experience anything like this?

Peter

Brian Tucker
                      PSTEC User

Hi plus1

Re technical question reply#33

“Technical question: In my positive statement is it more powerful for me to use “I am perfect the way I am” or “I feel I am perfect the way I am”

IMO if you can believe an absolute statement like “I am perfect” you would not need to do anything else. Perfection is unlikely to be acheived, so something more like “I'm OK the way I am” or “I am good the way I am” is more likely to be accepted by your subconcious. The shorter, simpler the statement the better.

Although you are working opposites PSTEC Negative and then PSTEC Positive the statements do not have to be logically opposite. Your subconcious is not logical it does not understand it. Opposing feelings need not be literally described as such.

Other symptoms that sometimes go along with ADHD are poor recognition of non verbal communication signals and  being very literal, taking everything at face value. This can lead to sufferers being noticed as different by their peers and mistakes in communication with them happening,  misunderstandings.  Did you experience anything like this?

Peter

Peter – Very helpful technical info. Thank you.

I did and that is why I have targeted some of those related beliefs I identified with in my first go around. I found some common ADHD beliefs online and identified with some of them as well which I will get to later in the next round.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 185 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.