Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Negative: The Belief Eraser Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Paul McCabe
    PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Tomas and Peter,

Another angle to tackle this is:

Quite literally, working on the belief “I don't have (enough) time.”

Please note that I totally appreciate how busy you are and you might not have a huge portion time in your day to devote to PSTEC work. However, you could definitely open up new possibilities by eliminating “I don't have (enough) time.”

So, you could run PN on that belief and also, after doing this, load some positives like “I can make time to improve myself” and “I use my available time to become the best person I can be.”

I can identify with the “I don't have enough time” belief as it's one that has popped up for me. It's like a transient belief. Using the counterexamples does help a great deal.

You don't have to devote hours and hours every day to PSTEC. It's all about the cumulative effect and, even if you can “block off” 20-30 mins every day to listen to a PSTEC track (the hypnotic tracks or CT), you'll surely notice huge benefits in the long term.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Tomas Zobal
      PSTEC User

I agree with you, Peter. What seems to happen is that I fully intend to do exactly what you (and Tim) describe. And I do it for a limited period of time. Next thing, I realize I totally slipped and a few hours went by, thinking on autopilot. Then I pick up the exercise again… and then again, after awhile, a long time goes by when I get absorbed in habitual thought patterns. And with time, these gaps of getting lost get longer and longer. I'm not doubting that the method works, not at all. But how many times have we read or watched something very inspirational, something that resonated with us… and no matter how hard we tried, we always seem to go back to the old ways. A good example would be any gym on January 2nd (everyone usually has to sleep off the hangover on Jan 1st  ;D) and then the same gym in March. That's why I think the actual tracks are more important because they facilitate change on the subconscious level as well.

Paul, that is a GREAT IDEA!!! I will definitely try that! If you have any more tips, please feel free to share them. I'm sure everyone could greatly benefit.

Tomas Zobal
        PSTEC User

I have one additional question, guys.

During the weekend, I have more time, so my session can be longer. Let's say I start with the accelerator and then run 2-3 CTs/EEFs. If I really have enough time, I could even finish with PN/PP. On the average, I'll mostly run 2-3 tracks total though.

During each session, regardless of how many tracks I run, is it more effective to focus on one emotion/belief/issue or can I click on a mixture of things?

Sometimes, there are a few events associated with one emotion/belief, so I assume it's ok to work on more than one memory during a session, if it's tied to the same emotion… but would you guys let's say CT on grief, use accelerator on self esteem and then do PN on not having enough time… all in one session?

Thank you.

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Thanks guys for such a great thread. It is good to have a real conversation. It is what a Forum should be about! If this thread has wandered off-topic then I apologize for not having alerted Jeff sooner and not asking him to split it into shorter more manageable threads.

Tomas and Paul

Re; time pressure and overwhelm. These are signs of low self esteem and lack of confidence (same thing). A confident person is able to manage time and prioritize tasks because they have a plan or goals, they know what they want to do, need to do. Which works the other way round as well, managing time and prioritizing make them more confident.

Paul: Yes it is another thing to PSTEC, thanks for pointing it out. Your contributions really are much appreciated.

Tomas: “I don't have enough time”. This is clearly a negative thought, you can Click Track that feeling and PN it and or… I said to you about PSTEC and Mindfulness “that you just found yourself  thinking. ” I can't do….” >>”if others can do it, so can I” (repeat the positive a few times to really emphasize it).” Well “I don't have enough time” is a prime example/target. This thought can occur at all sorts of times when you really do not have enough time to “PSTEC” it. So here using the principles explained in PSTEC and Mindfulness you must develop the habit of saying to yourself “STOP!” >>” I really do have the time for the things that are most important to me” “I can choose to do the things I need to do first”. Every time you catch yourself thinking “I don't…” “I can't…” say to yourself “STOP!” This gives you the breathing space to follow it with the positive, (and repeat the positive a few (say 5) times). This is creating a new “bolt on” habit/belief which changes and eventually overwrites the old negative one. It takes no hardware and not much time, use PSTEC to re-enforce it when you do have the time.

You are the person that changes you. You might allow PSTEC to assist, it is a set of tools to help, but PSTEC is an agent or an accelerator of change it does not do it for you. PSTEC helps you, put yourself in control of your life.

When using multiple PSTEC tools in succession then I suggest working on one negative aspect at a time. This in order to make a real difference in a short space of time. Making a difference quickly is a confidence booster. This has a wider positive influence. PSTEC tools were designed to be self-user and so kept as simple as possible, they tend to work best with a narrow focus on one simple thing at a time. So yes… keep the session to one emotion/belief but OK for multiple memories if tied to the same emotion.

Peter

Tomas Zobal
            PSTEC User

My apologies as well, I totally hijacked the thread. It is about plus1g's journey. The conversation got really interesting and I just kept replying here. I agree, it would be probably better to split it up.

Peter, again, great tips! I'll do my best to employ the PSTEC and Mindfulness approach and stay conscious and aware of negative habitual thoughts. Also, good to know that it's ok to CT various memories or imagined scenarios (during one session) as long as they are tied to the same emotion.

Regarding getting overwhelmed, in my case specifically it's too many options that can derail me. I start reading, doing research, trying to figure out which one is the best one, how to proceed in the most efficient way… and this can go on for months without me actually employing the techniques I'm researching.

Time, not so much. My days are what they are, my schedule is what it is. For some reason that doesn't overwhelm me as does choosing what tupperware to buy  ;D

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

Hi Tomas

“Too many options and trying to figure out which is best”

Is this a fear of making a mistake and choosing the wrong thing? Perhaps associated with fear of losing or wasting money? If it is, you know what to do about it.  ;)

Peter

Tomas Zobal
                PSTEC User

Hi Peter,

Most likely it's the fear of making a mistake, making a wrong choice. A lot of times, money is not involved at all, so it's not that.

Peter Bunyan
                  PSTEC User

Hi Tomas

No need to get hung up on the precise reasons, feelings or descriptions of. Imagine a scene where you have to choose something with a huge range of options something that is important to you, possibly also you are under time pressure as well. Anything that produces the overwhelm feeling. Keep on imagining it and Click Track it.

Peter

Tomas Zobal
                    PSTEC User

I keep forgetting to click track imagined scenarios. I always aim for actual situations that have happened. Thank you for reminding me again, Peter.

Peter Bunyan
                      PSTEC User

Tomas

Also remember to start a new thread!  ;D

Peter

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 185 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.