Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Negative: The Belief Eraser Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 111 through 120 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

OK – Admittedly I have been away from this post for 8 weeks and for good reason. I had a negative feeling of being “stuck”. I have been aware of this for quite some time and have had this for decades. It finally got to the point of being annoying and so for wherever reason, I just started clearing it.

It seems as if though, for me anyway, is that often times I can see a negative pattern going on in me but I tend to not take action on it until such time it become annoying.

I suggest anyone who has this “stuck” feeling to clear it immediately. I suspect as mentioned often in PSTEC land, that this is some sort or fear and also a protection mechanism of the subconscious that attempts to prevent us from making changes and staying content, where it's a belief or a set of beliefs programmed into us to make us perceive that staying where we are is “safe”.

So this week I cleared it. I experimented a little bit with the emotional click tracks this time to remove it. Here's how I did it.

Ran the 2015 Wrapper Track to bundle up all of the times I could remember having this stuck feeling from a child to the present moment
      Day 1:
      1 run of the 2015 Wrapper Track
      1 run of the long 2015 click track
      1 run of the medium 2015 click track
      1 short relaxing accelerator
      1 long relaxing accelerator at bedtime

At that time, I felt like it had went down quite a bit. The next day the stuck feeling seemed to be very low

Day 2:

Day 3:
      Decided it was necessary to clear what I felt was remaining.

1 run of the 2015 wrapper track adding in additional thoughts that came to mind of being stuck
      2 runs of the long 2015 click track
      1 run of free basic emotional click track #2
      1 run of the tapping accelerator track

I added in the run of the free track and the tapping accelerator based on recorting Tim sent out recently with April Adams.

The next day the stuck feeling was completely gone. I woke up feeling better and more clear than I ever have in my life. I find that when I clear out a big emotion like this it can take up to a week to really feel the larger benefits kick in and It has

Prior to the stuck feeling, I had made a list of new thoughts and feelings I have seen in me over the last two weeks. Over the last 4 days I have become aware of a few more things that I have now added to the list.

There has been a lot of shuffling going on in my mind as a result of the clearing. I have also added a few statements to my list of which I will remove with PSTEC negative.

I can say as a result of the reprogramming I have done to date I have experienced some profound things change in my life with respect to relationships, family, career, finances and just feeling great in general.

With respect to being stuck and taking an 8 week “break” I accept it as it is and think it's great. It has been nice to allow myself to experience this profound change in life and collect a new list of unwanted beliefs and behaviors that now been revealed as a result of clearing out the first round of outdated “trash” thoughts, feelings and beliefs.

I basically muscled my way through the first round of previous clearing. I no longer have a need to brute force push and hack my way through clearing. I can just continue now without placing any necessary importance or urgency on myself to keep going and.or not have any thoughts and feelings of guilt for not doing so.

This week I will begin working through my new list. I have come to find a deeper appreciation for all of the emotional click tracks and intend to go into detail here as I remove this list.

It's nice to note. It's good for us to create a repeatable process that you do not let yourself get distracted, stuck or deviated from. If you feel any of those, use the emotional click tracks to clear the emotions associated with those thoughts. Clear stuff out, write down anything new that comes to mind, and clear it next. Do this over and over again until it becomes a “habit”.

Will post and share the continued experience as I work through it.

Thank you everyone, for all of your input and support to this thread.

This is a great thread. I have learned a lot! A pity plus1g doesn't update it anymore. Hope he comes back to fill us in on his progress with PSTec. More insights are welcome. I just started with PSTec so any insights help tremendously.

How are things going plus1g?

Cheers,
      J

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Also I will share – Last night I had a situation where in the past I would have been hammered with flight response due to fear of confrontation.

Guess what?

For the first time, NOTHING. I was perfectly normal. How about that.

Thank you PSTEC. :)

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

plus1

Thanks for sharing some more.

The more success you have with PSTEC the better it works.

Keep on Clicking!
          Peter

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

Alright – Quick update:

Seems the “stuck” feeling is gone for good!

Two days ago I was on the front porch of my house and on a call with my mother. All of a sudden WHAM! I get hit with a fear. This fear is associated with a relationship I am in and having to do with acceptance with family and social circles. I realize it is not about the relationship but more about “people are making fun of me” “people are talking about me” etc.

First thing I did was clear out the emotions:

1 run of 2015 wrapper for all associated memories/events
            2 runs of 2015 click track – long
            1 run of 2015 click track – medium
            2 runs of tapping accelerator
            1 run of short relaxing accelerator
            1 run of long relaxing accelerator at bedtime

After doing all of this the emotion is gone however I can still feel the beliefs working on me so I plan to go in with PSTEC negative and remove the belief statements:

• People are talking about me
              People are making fun of me
              People are judging me
              People are laughing at me
              What makes me good enough is approval from other people
            • [/list]

So now two days later I get a call from a bill collector. A routine mishandling of the address by a hospital. But when I get the call I get hit with an empty fear feeling. I realize there is a pattern of this feeling with associated events in my life. So I decide to have a little fun and run the following tracks:

1 run of 2015 wrapper for all associated memories/events
              2 runs of 2015 click track – short
              2 runs of 2015 click track – medium
              2 runs of tapping accelerator
              2 runs of EEF
              1 run of long relaxing accelerator
              1 run of long relaxing accelerator at bedtime

So the emotion was pretty much neutralized after the 2015 medium track runs. But what happened as I ran that track was many more memories of other things came in my mind, times when I felt as if my income was down, times when I moved apartments during transitions in my life, old court cases, financial struggles I had back in college, employment gaps etc. all the way back to when I was a little kid with a paper route and mishandling my money. I just kept rolling all of these events in and kept going until they were all covered. By the time I was finished I had a pretty massive pattern that has been looping my entire adult life and the emotion of course was gone. What I realized is that this is likely a very big money pattern for me and I am excited to see how this all shuffles and shakes out.

More to come as I continue working my way down (and adding to) my list.

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

Hi plus1

These may seem like two different problems but they are both related to low self esteem/worth.

You are doing the right things.

• Observing and monitoring your own emotions and self talk.
              • Doing something about them as soon as you can.
              • Having “a little fun” and playing with the tracks and process.
              • [/list]
                Keep on Clicking  ;D
                Peter

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

Yes Peter, this is a lot of run.

Alright – A few posts back I cleared the “stuck” feeling though I still feel a need to procrastinate at work. Last week I purchased magic sentences for procrastination. I do notice I am flowing with getting things done quite nicely since the stuck feeling is gone however…I listened to those a few times. About two days later I got some really large and annoying fear associated with work at my new job. I have never had anything like this so I decided to really play with this one and attack it from all angles. My approach was if I use every track, I will have maximized every possible opportunity for cramming the suggestions in the subconscious.

So I just let my mind go and drift around at anything work related that came to mind and kept scanning through it. I ran the following tracks in this order. 

2 runs EEF Tracks
                2 runs free basic emotional click tracks
                1 run tapping accelerator track
                2 runs 2015 Track medium
                1 run tapping accelerator track
                1 run long relaxing accelerator at bedtime

I can say that this was a big and deep one. It was really scrambled when done and there was nothing left emotionally. I could not recreate it even if I tried. I must have yawned 100 times at least, they were constant and long and deep yawns. Never have I yawned like this before while running pstec.
                I was physically shaken when I was done. I went to sleep as normal, woke up this morning and went on my daily 1 hour walk. On the walk I listened to the procrastination sentences again 2x and then when I got home listened to the procrastination loop.

Here are some thoughts that came to mind while I was clearing the emotion of which I will clear with pstec negative

I must not make a mistake
                Mistakes are bad
                People are talking about me
                People are making fun of me
                People are judging me
                People are laughing at me

Two other big beliefs I uncovered in me – I will also remove with negative – are a constant recurring pattern in my life financially and at work. “I never win” “I will never get ahead”

Upon finishing my walk the fear came back slightly with a different thought – meeting with people – and of course today I will clear that thought/feeling. I also plan to layer in a long list of positive beliefs which I will share as I map them all out.

I also plan to listen to the magic sentences for procrastination 2x a day for the next week.

More to come.

Peter Bunyan
                PSTEC User

Hi plus1

Can't wait for the next instalment!  :D

No way I can prove this, but the yawning thing is significant, it seems to me a sign that I have nailed the emotion and am relaxed about it, but have to focus really hard to keep it in mind. Just thinking about a Click Track session now makes me yawn. Like the emotion is trying to slither away and yawning will make it disappear. I'm not sure that this makes sense so I will see if anyone else has similar feelings.

Peter

Paul McCabe
                  PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi plus1g and Peter,

I really appreciate your contributions on the forum. Great reading, breakthroughs and personal insights. Thank you.

Plus1g, I applaud the way you have dealt with your issues as they have come up – thoroughly and systematically. Your posts will surely be inspiring a lot of people who are new to PSTEC; you show what is possible with the PSTEC if you continue to use the tools.

I suspect that, not only will you be helping a lot of people, your posts will also enable you to reconceptualise your issues. It is obvious that you have made tremendous strides in a very short period of time.

You have come up with some big fears/thoughts and beliefs to scramble/eliminate.

One thing I would suggest (and this is just from reading your last post) is that holding a belief like “Mistakes are bad” would lead to a thought like “I must not make a mistake.” It is an offshoot of holding the belief.

It might prove very worthwhile to go back to early childhood events when considering that particular belief. You could do easy counter-examples on “mistakes are bad” using the common self-help type of constructions “If we did not make mistakes, we would not learn” etc.

I would suggest that, while you may accept these, you would get better results by looking at the actual childhood events that most likely resulted in you forming the belief. As a child, were you punished, shunned or ridiculed if you made a mistake? If so, those sort of events are the source of the belief.

Similarly, you seem to be overly concerned about what people think about you. This could also be linked to a belief. What I would suggest is looking at the sort of scenarios where you believe people are mocking, judging or talking negatively about you. I would recommend doing alternative interpretations on these events and also running the CTs on that feeling you have when you are “certain” you are being mocked.

I find this approach to be very flexible and also quite inclusive. In short, you work on the idea that you *might* be wrong and then (using the CTs) consider that, even if you were right (e.g. someone told you *for sure* that you were being mocked.) the emotion is neutralised.

To describe the effect of this in a sentence, it would sound like:

“I don't know for sure that I'm being mocked but, even if I was, WHATEVER!”

I find that working in this way helps make me mentally flexible (questioning what I know “for sure) and emotionally bulletproof (eventually being at ease with the “worst case scenario).

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
                    PSTEC User

One thing I would suggest (and this is just from reading your last post) is that holding a belief like “Mistakes are bad” would lead to a thought like “I must not make a mistake.” It is an offshoot of holding the belief.

It might prove very worthwhile to go back to early childhood events when considering that particular belief. You could do easy counter-examples on “mistakes are bad” using the common self-help type of constructions “If we did not make mistakes, we would not learn” etc.

I would suggest that, while you may accept these, you would get better results by looking at the actual childhood events that most likely resulted in you forming the belief. As a child, were you punished, shunned or ridiculed if you made a mistake? If so, those sort of events are the source of the belief.

Similarly, you seem to be overly concerned about what people think about you. This could also be linked to a belief. What I would suggest is looking at the sort of scenarios where you believe people are mocking, judging or talking negatively about you. I would recommend doing alternative interpretations on these events and also running the CTs on that feeling you have when you are “certain” you are being mocked.

I find this approach to be very flexible and also quite inclusive. In short, you work on the idea that you *might* be wrong and then (using the CTs) consider that, even if you were right (e.g. someone told you *for sure* that you were being mocked.) the emotion is neutralised.

To describe the effect of this in a sentence, it would sound like:

“I don't know for sure that I'm being mocked but, even if I was, WHATEVER!”

I find that working in this way helps make me mentally flexible (questioning what I know “for sure) and emotionally bulletproof (eventually being at ease with the “worst case scenario).

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps.

Paul

Paul thank you for your suggestions and I will incorporate these as I work through my short list. Very helpful indeed!

Brian Tucker
                      PSTEC User

OK back again – I just worked on a big doozy that has been at me for decades. This one is around an overwhelming feeling. It comes to me often maybe when I am working, researching things, in a hurry to get a lot of things done. Today I just thought you know what? It's time to free myself from this sucker and so I went to work on it. Here is what I ran:

2 x EEF Tracks
                        1 Tapping Accelerator Track
                        2 x 2015 Track Medium
                        1 Tapping Accelerator Track
                        2 x Basic Tracks
                        1 x 2015 Track Long
                        1 Short Relaxing Accelerator
                        1 Long Relaxing Accelerator at bedtime

Alright – So I started thinking about a few childhood memories and the things I have been doing in the last and currently that cause me to feel this way.

As soon as I started running the 2015 tracks here comes the constant yawning as it begins to release. Now what is different about this session, is that the feeling I had was moving all around inside of me so I just kept trying as hard as I could no matter where the feeling was in my body and I mean I was really pushing on it at times.

As I kept going I had so many childhood memories of being rushed and urgent come back to me and even had a flash of one of my elementary teachers who shook me in my desk. I even cycled through that often.

After I was to a point where it was getting pretty much gone, I imagined the scenario of an absolutely worse case future scenario and ran the long 2015 track on it just to really knock it out.

I did notice something today and that is for the most part, most all of the feelings I have ever needed to work on occur in the mid to right side of my body. Pretty interesting. Anyway I just kept going at it until there was nothing left. I feel really clear headed and fantastic. 

One thing to note, since my session two days ago I have been absolutely exhausted. Probably the effects of such a grueling session which I still cannot recreate the negative feeling on even if I wanted to. :)

I don't feel exhausted now however, what occurred to me is that I do have a long pattern of feeling “tired” and I wonder if I have a belief “I am always tired” because i have felt this way and said this a gazillion times. Maybe I am finally becoming aware enough to see that this may be subconscious driven.

So what I am going to do is wait again until I get that certain feeling of being exhausted really strong and click track it. I read a testimonial by Samantha Carr and it made me wonder… http://www.pstec.org/user-experience.php about this.

I might also run the accelerator tapping track and ask “why” to see if I can recall what might be causing this exhaustion feeling.

More to come.

Viewing 10 posts - 111 through 120 (of 185 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.